When is the best time to drink water?

Mika

VIP Contributor
A lot of people talk about how much water do you need to drink every day. In fact, a lot of people already know much water you need to drink every day to hydrate your body as well as get the benefits of water. However, not many people talk about when is the best time to drink water. In order to get the maximum benefits of water, drinking the water at the best time is as important as how much water you need to drink every day.

Best time to drink water

When you are hungry: When you drink water when you are hungry, you will not only feel full but also will be able to cut on calories so that you can remain in perfect shape if you are battling weight.

When you have headache, stress, or anxiety: Drinking water when you have a headache, stress, or anxiety will alleviate your conditions.

When you are sick: when you drink water when you are sick, you will feel better because during your sickness you need to drink a lot of fluids to maintain your body temperature.

When you wake up: You need to drink a glass of water after you wake up in the morning, it is a helthy habit.

arunima25

Verified member
You are right.. it's not only the amount of water to drink that is important but also the timing of drinking water. Ayurveda( an ancient belief in India and a promising alternative medicine in current world) advocates the importance of the timing of drinking water. Drinking some lukewarm water as soon as we get up is supposed to cleanse and detoxify our body. Water when you are hungry or before your meal helps to reduce your appetite and is a good way to help loose your weight as you will be full and cut down on your eating. Also, a glass of water some time before taking bath or shower is supposed to bring down the risk of strokes and even helps maintain the blood pressure.
Not only it talks about when to drink water for health benefits, but it also does talk in details about when not to drink water. One should not drink water just after meals. A small sip is okay if you badly need to. But then drinking of water in between the meals or soon after the meal is not recommended as it weakens the digestive system and interferes with the functioning of enzymes and digestive juices. It's ideal to wait for 30 to 45 minutes after the meal. Also drinking water is inhibited after the consumption of any hot beverages and fruits or fruits juices.

evan hope

Thanks, Arunima for your nice informative talk.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I don't think their is any definitely time to drink water, water is meant to be drank at any given time when you have the opportunity to do that. I take water many times when the weather is hot, but when it is cold, I don't drink water much, at times I don't drink water at all. I don't know why, my body always stay hydrated and water doesn't entice me. I will try to force myself to drink water during the cold weather even if i don't feel tasty. Water is life, that's the parable tat has been known for ages now, that's why it has no limit. Even if you take excessive water, you wouldn't face any negativity taking the water. I am always safe during the hot weather to take more than five litters of water, that's when i feel very tasty,drinking more than I normally do when the weather is warm. Maybe is due to the fact, I don't take much of the water during cold weather.

blessingc

Drinking water is known to keep the body hydrated but taking it at the right time makes it more effective and benefitial.

It is said that an average person should take up to 4 liters of water daily, but science shows that taking water at right time can help to prevent some common sickness that we experience: it prevents unnecessary tiredness, having bloated stomach, prevents stroke and helps to prevent heart attacks too.

Drinks water first thing in the morning awakens your brain and body from the mode of sleeping and cleans your body system. It gets rid of toxin that has been in your system overnight.

Taking water after eating to aid digestion and help you not to over-eat is also good. Taking in water when you feel tired can help replenish what you've lost and also taking in water when you are exposed to germs will aid flush out viruses and germs your body might have picked

E

eldavis

Though I think the easiest answer to this would be when your body craves for it. Our body are like smartphones or smart devices, sometimes we are too busy to actually realize we need something, therefore our body gives certain signs in other to let us know what it needs at the moment. Drinking warm water first thing in the morning is also very good for our body, it helps moisturize our organs.

SensationalEd

I don't think there should be best time to drink water.
I only think that one needs to keep themselves hydrated always. Whether you feel like drinking water or not. I mean there's a whole lot of health benefits that follows drinking of water.

Oluwasegun purpose

I am so sorry for those people who don't use to drink water when any time they feel tasty . water is also life .there are many things in which water do in human body for example there are also lots of disease water use to cure out of our body most times... that why they is a saying that water don't have enemy... Water is natural gift from God... So I we likely advice that we should try at least drink 5 to 10 cups of water per day and we are going to see how it we be of help to us .. most people who don't use to drink water alot I will advise you to stop it now and start drinking enough of water because it will harm you alot if you are not use to be drinking water... Water is life and water do not kill

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
We cannot specifically state the best time water should be taken into our body because the body work continuously and will need water almost at all time and it is the responsibility of us to have a certain amount of water to finish on daily basis. This will keep the body in good condition and in return for it will help relieve you of stress and tiredness which could possibly lead to headache and other health problems.

And since water is needed almost every seconds , for me I will just drink water mostly when I feel like most especially when I am busy throughout the day but if I am not , I'll try as much as possible to take water and the level of my water drinking will increase if I take certain food such as beans because they required high content of water for easier direction because of high content of fibre.

alexa36

Water is essential for life and is necessary for many bodily functions such as digestion, absorption, circulation, and excretion. It's also necessary for temperature regulation and cognitive function. The human body is composed of approximately 60% water.

arunima25

Verified member
I read an article in one of the popular health magazines about the benefits of drinking water. It stated that water is the major constituent of our body. In fact more than sixty percent of our body weight is water. Our cells are healthy and work properly when they are well hydrated. They suggested that sipping little water throughout at frequent intervals is a better and healthier option than havinc big gulps and large amount at once. It keeps providing enough hydration to the cells, tissues and organs at regular intervals.

Many people would drink water only when they feel thirsty or would crave for it. Feeling thirsty is a signal that the body is being dehydrated already. It's advisable that one should not let body get dehydrated and feel thirsty. So don't wait for getting thirsty because then the dehydration is already started. Instead keep sipping water and healthy fluids from time to time so that cells don't reach the stage of dehydration. This will keep the body hydrated and you will feel active and hydrated. We tend to work long and forget about sipping water in between. Such long stretch exhausts ys abd we dehydrate. Our focus is also not tyere due to dehydration and exhaustion. Sipping water at regular intervals helps with focus ab productivity at work too.