When one should quit working offline

Augusta

VIP Contributor
This is a question that have just crossed my mind because a lot of time we are told not to quit our offline Jon for online jobs but I believe this isn't applicable to everyone.

I know that they are some people that must have quitted their offline job to work solely online. I'm wondering what would have given them the conviction that quitting their offline job and working full time online will be the best for them.

For me I'm looking at working online full time. As I work online daily now I find it easier making money online but what keeps me fromn making it full time and quilting.my offline activities is that I'm still earning low income online.

So do you think that it can be done at anytime even if you are not making good money. When do you think is the right time to quit offline job and make money full time online

Suba

Staff member
In my opinion, before we leave offline work, it would be better for us to prepare ourselves first. Like what skills he has, which online job to choose, for example, professional forex trader, professional writer, digital marketing, web design, etc. After we recognize the expertise and skills we have and the type of work we choose, then we can search and try working online. after steady online income then we can prepare ourselves to leave offline work. So don't leave offline work in a hurry, this strategy can also be applied to those who are approaching retirement

Heartstrings

You can quit your offline job to make money online ful time, it solely depends on you,but before you do that make sure you are sure going to earn what would sustain you,have a plan first,don't quit a good paying offline job for a less paying online job. Yes,I know there are some people who prefer online job to offline and I am one of them,the problem is getting a good income online. Most people take online job as a side income/extra income.

Don't leave offline job with the hope of making it big online,you have to have a plan in place first, make sure it is worth it. Leave offline job when you are sure of you making your desired Money online,don't rush it with a hope and at the end of the day regretted why you left your good paying offline job. So,every individual should choose what they think is best for them.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Exactly my thoughts, the truth is that with online earnings if you don't have the right skills especially marketable skills it seems to be very difficult to make good money off it.

But the truth is that it is a very convenient way of making money for me and I wouldn't mind doing it full-time but I look back at the rate I'm making money online and it seems I should continue both ways I'm trying to get some skills that will help me remain permanently online I'm trying to do more when it comes to writing and all the things that comes with it I know if I put in the best I will be able to give the very best when it comes to writing for my clients but all the same I agree with you but it is good to have something tangible doing online before quitting offline

Carpon

Valued Contributor
For me personally, quitting my job is something I really examine a lot before doing and this is because I always want to avoid making very costly mistakes which will have huge financial effects and consequences on me.

But talking of what should determine my quitting of an offline job, then it will certainly mean securing an online job that is very credible. I cannot risk losing my source of offline income when there is no substitute in the offline world.

But personally, I feel that if it is actually possible, it is a very wise decision if a person keeps both jobs. It is always advisable that a person has many and a lot of sources of income and so I think that maintaining your offline job if possible is more preferable.

And another thing that will influence this decision is the time demand of the job and it's profitability compared to my online job.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
If you are working offline and making money it is not advisable for you to quit until you find some certain things that works perfectly online and you might have started making reasonable amount of money from them.

The truth is that for you to have consistent income online you actually need a lot of time because you need time to build a reputable business on the internet. I think it is very good and important you share the time you use to work offline and the time you use to work online for with a lot of consistency and persistence you can become successful in the long run.

Personally I don't like to work for people offline instead I would like to start my own business and of course become very successful on it on the long run. Having both offline and online source of income is very good and very much and advisable.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
The right time is when you start making substantial amount online, ask yourself, how I am I going to start making substantial amount online? what can I do to get there faster? what skills do I have? do i have clients that are willing to pay for my work?

These are all questions you have to ask yourself before quitting your offline job, also if you have a cushion, that is you do not have much responsibility and you have enough money to sustain you till you figure it out, working offline is boring, because you will be working with people you normally do not enjoy working with and it so stressful that you have to show up everyday.

So, stabilize your offline business first before thinking of coming on fulltime, it is very important or else you can be stranded before figuring out where you want to go or business you will start.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Sometimes, you have to take hard decisions if you really want to succeed on the particular venture. But the truth is that nobody will advise you to quit your offline job just because you want to make money online except you have find something that works.

Personally, I wouldn't advise anyone to quit their offline job because they want to venture into any online business instead what I will tell you is that you should try as much as possible to learn the necessary skills and at least that making some amount of money before you can quit.

Making money online actually requires a lot of time and therefore it will be very difficult for you to work for someone offline and also make money online. it will actually affect your health because you will need a lot of time and you will not have the time to rest and take care of other needs.

So if you ask me the right time to quit is when you start making some money online.

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
As far as I am concerned, I prefer working online to working offline. I believe most people prefer online jobs because when you work online, you can work from the comfort of your own house without a boss causing you stress and with flexible working hours. However, if you want to quit working offline, it is important to find a very profitable online job first ,otherwise you will not be able to quit your offline job. Some profitable online jobs are affiliate marketing and freelancing but it is significant to have the required skills in order to make a good income from them.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
This is the confusing parts of it for me I have worked online for a while now and I'm really enjoying it so I am but I will like to stop running the two that's working both online and offline and quitting one which will be me quitting the offline job but the issue is that I'm yet to find an online job that will cover my bills and expenses and that is why I am stucked with the confusion that I find myself now.

Like you rightly stated I totally agree with you that's working online comes with a kind of convenient that a lot of people will like so if we can find a good paying sites or have the right skills to make money from online then it will be a full cycle for us. I hope I find one very soon so that putting away my offline job wouldn't be much of a problem.

uptrendfinancialsignal

Verified member
Working online is an alternative and that is exactly where people are running to presently to augment offline activities. There are so many people who have tried to work offline and it is very obvious that they are not going to depend only on offline activities, they will need to combine online work to garner lot of money for themselves.

It is very necessary that before leaving offline activities, there is need to gain experience on how to make money on the internet. The only certificate to make money on the internet is abilities and that is why it is crucial to gain sense of how to analyse the market . The pssessment of online platform before you try to work on it.

It is also equally important to take note that there are so many online platforms that need assessment so as not to fall victims of any scams. It is also equally important to gain sense of the online activities because it is full of scandalous activities that will rip you off your hard-earned money in the blink of an eye.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
If you are interested to quit any job you are doing , the most important thing you should consider is the type of job you will take over immediately you resigned from your previous job . This will help you organise to make sure that you have something at hand that will keep you busy after you have quitted your previous job , and not really for anything but to keep on generating some money to you while you are still searching or looking for opportunity to make money in a way that interest you.

For people who are interested to quit their offline job to concentrate online , you must learn a skill you have planned to do and you also at the same time should start generating money from the skill first before you even think of quitting any job you have been doing

The same is also applicable to people who are quitting from online to offline.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
As far as I am concerned, I prefer working online to working offline. I believe most people prefer online jobs because when you work online, you can work from the comfort of your own house without a boss causing you stress and with flexible working hours. However, if you want to quit working offline, it is important to find a very profitable online job first ,otherwise you will not be able to quit your offline job. Some profitable online jobs are affiliate marketing and freelancing but it is significant to have the required skills in order to make a good income from them.

I also want to make money online. I have never liked real jobs at all. In the past, I had offline job and my experience with such kind of jobs was quite horrible. I was also abused at work by the customers and I am sure that many people who also experienced the same kind of thing in many workplaces. There are many people who want to make money from home, but they are not able to do so.

This is because money making opportunities are limited for many people who belong to various countries like Tier 3 countries. This is a really big issue for many people. So, when should you quite a day job and focus on online career?

Well, it would be safe for you to quite your day job and focus on online career when you fund an alternative method to make money online that pays you equal amount of money you made when you had a day job! Otherwise, never even think about quitting your day job! You could end up in big trouble if you quit your job. There are already a lack of jobs in the market. The good thing is now there are many ways to make money online and the chances are that you can find an online job quite easily.

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
I also want to make money online. I have never liked real jobs at all. In the past, I had offline job and my experience with such kind of jobs was quite horrible. I was also abused at work by the customers and I am sure that many people who also experienced the same kind of thing in many workplaces. There are many people who want to make money from home, but they are not able to do so.

This is because money making opportunities are limited for many people who belong to various countries like Tier 3 countries. This is a really big issue for many people. So, when should you quite a day job and focus on online career?

Well, it would be safe for you to quite your day job and focus on online career when you fund an alternative method to make money online that pays you equal amount of money you made when you had a day job! Otherwise, never even think about quitting your day job! You could end up in big trouble if you quit your job. There are already a lack of jobs in the market. The good thing is now there are many ways to make money online and the chances are that you can find an online job quite easily.
I fully agree with everything you mention in your thread. More or less I had a similar experience to yours when I had an offline job some years ago. It was a terrible experience, so I left that job and I found a better offline job. Of course, I am currently looking for some more profitable online earning ways so as to work only online and quit working offline. I know that it is not very easy but I will keep on trying. :)

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you are earning online well, if you already have a lot of passive income that can not only pay your bills but also help you save regularly as well as regularly make investments, you can stop working online. For a lot of people generating online income is really difficult, well they can earn online but they don't earn enough to sustain their life. A lot of people also do not have passive income, even those who have passive income do not have enough earning, thus, they are unable to abandon their offline work and focus on online work or passive income sources. Then there are people like me, who were thrown out of jobs because of covid pandemic and later started working online. Still today, a lot of people are being laid off from big companies like Meta and Google. For people who have skills, getting high-paying jobs online is not difficult.

Activator230822

Verified member
For me I would not encourage anyone to quit their offline jobs over online jobs. I always say that there are more advantages of offline jobs than those in online.
First and foremost it's very difficult to find a permanent and pensionable online jobs. Most online jobs are based on a short term contract- based. So the benefits for one doing a permanent and pensionable offline jobs are far much better than that of the online.
Most online jobs are not reliable in terms of payment, consistency and can't guarantee you a loan from the financial and credit facilities like Banks and cooperative societies.
The other downside of online jobs is that you must possess the required digital skills for you to earn anything substantially and some of these skills are too complicated to learn online and very expensive to learn offline too.
Offline jobs has more incentives like medical cover (your family and you), paid off days and paid leaves. Also you could be paid for your Sick days among other benefits that you can't find them in online jobs.

Kennysplash

Verified member
If you're earning good income online I see no reason why you have to quit. Even if you have a full-time offline job you can still add your online hustle so that you have at least more than one source of income. For someone like me earning money online has really been helpful for me for the past few years, so there's no way I can stop it even though I get a stable job eventually. I've gotten used to it it has become a part of me a part of my life, and my daily routine so I'll continue to make money online as long as the internet still exists. Besides there are still a lot of opportunities to explore online that I have not done yet. So there is no where I'm giving all that up when I know I have the privilege of benefiting in the long run.