Which degree should I acquire to work in sports industry?

Holicent

VIP Contributor
The best degree for working in sports industry is a Bachelor of Science in Sports Management. This degree will prepare you to work as a sports agent, coach, or even run your own team. You'll learn about marketing, finance and accounting, law, public relations and many other skills that are helpful in sports management.

If you want to go into coaching or play management then you should take a course in education (secondary), physical education (secondary) or health science (secondary). If you are looking to work in the sports industry, you should pursue a degree in business. The field of sports is a huge industry, with many different areas of specialization.

You can work in sports medicine, marketing and promotions, management or administration, sports journalism and reporting, or coaching. It's important to know that there are no specific degrees required to work in any of these areas, you can get a degree in nearly anything and still find a job in the field of sports. 
However, since the field is so broad and diverse, it's important to have a general understanding of how businesses operate before embarking on your career. This is why pursuing a degree in business is recommended for anyone interested in working within the sports industry.

This topic does not have a straightforward response because there are so many different career options and areas of concentration available within the sports sector. On the other hand, if you want to build a solid basis for a career in sports, earning a degree in either business, marketing, management, or physical education might be very helpful.

In addition to this, it is essential to have a deep-seated interest in the particular sport in which you plan to pursue a career. Working in the sports sector typically involves keeping late hours and devoting a lot of effort, so if you want to be successful in this field, you'll need to be enthusiastic about the work that you perform.

On my own end, I read a course that is purely related to sports and well-being of an athlete. The course name is; Human Kinetics, health and safety education. I don't know how other countries call it, but that's the name of the course in every institution in the country. Assume I went and study the course in a favourable country that encourages sports, maybe by now I could've enrolled into sports management. But most of the things that we are taught, are mainly theoretical things, no much practical, that was the essence I didn't learn how to play hand ball, volleyball and so on, up to now, due to lack of practical around the courses that is major' amongst the courses which I did.