Trading Discussion Which time is the best for trading?

Somrat4030

The forex market is the largest and most active financial market in the world, known for its round-the-clock trading. But when exactly does the forex market open and close? Discover global FX market hours and when the best time to trade forex is.

What are the forex market hours?
Forex market hours run 24-hours a day during the week, but the market is closed on weekends. This continuous trading is only possible because forex is traded all over the world in decentralised venues.

Forex market hours are broken up into four major trading sessions: Sydney, Tokyo, London and New York. These are the largest trading centres, accounting for nearly 75% of FX daily volume. The market is open from 10pm (UTC) on Sunday – when the Sydney session starts – to 10pm on Friday when the New York session closes for the weekend.

New York
New York (open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) is the second-largest forex platform in the world, watched heavily by foreign investors because the U.S. dollar is involved in 90% of all trades, according to "Day Trading the Currency Markets" (2006) by Kathy Lien. Movements in the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) can have an immediate and powerful effect on the dollar. When companies merge, and acquisitions are finalized, the dollar can gain or lose value instantly.

Tokyo
Tokyo, Japan (open 7 p.m. to 4 a.m.) is the first Asian trading center to open, takes in the largest bulk of Asian trading, just ahead of Hong Kong and Singapore. The currency pairs that typically have a fair amount of action are USD/JPY (or U.S. dollar vs. Japanese yen), GBP/CHF (British pound vs. Swiss franc), and GBP/JPY (British pound vs. Japanese yen). The USD/JPY is an especially good pair to watch when the Tokyo market is the only one open, because of the heavy influence the Bank of Japan (Japan's central bank) has over the market.

It is important to take advantage of market overlaps and keep a close eye on news releases when setting up a trading schedule. Traders looking to enhance profits should aim to trade during more volatile periods while monitoring the release of new economic data. This balance allows part-time and full-time traders to set a schedule that gives them peace of mind, knowing that opportunities are not slipping away when they take their eyes off the markets or need to get a few hours of sleep.

Razor1911

It depends upon trader to trader. I personally like volatility in the market so I preferred the New York stock exchange timings. At that time the volatility remains the maximum. There are also traders specially intraday traders, who likes to trade when the volatility is less or medium. Those traders will most likely to find Tokyo stock exchange timings as their best trading time.

Robson Dey

I select Forex4you the trustworthy broker I ever seen. To make good profit in early period they give me higher leverage that is 1:1000. In this market few brokers give their client high leverage. Besides of this I also have risk management policies from this reliable broker that help me to control or reduce my trading loss.
That’s how I can balance on my trading. In Forex trading by using the leverage a trader can make money without investing money as it is kind a loan from the broker. To making money it is very useful trading tool. But a trader should use it as per his trading risk taking capability. I always prefer the higher leverage that always brings profit in a short time easily.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Kudos to you for the information. That's why I do tell people that forex is not a child's play. It needs a serious research and more dedication before one can be adept in it. I don't know that there are better time for trading on forex. And I am sure that there are many like me that don't know more about how to go when it comes to time and trading