Why is there a need for a supervisor in the work place?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
As the name implies, a supervisor is one who supervises the subordinates in doing the task properly. That means the supervisor is an expert in the task. That is common in factories where the supervisor takes care of the operation. I had experienced being under a supervisor when I had a stint in a semi conductor factory. When I had a technical problem I would call on the supervisor to straighten up my mistake.

In the US the supervisor is called boss. He is usually the trouble shooter. When something goes wrong he is to get the blame most of the time so the “boss” is always on his toes. The manager or business owner would put all the responsibilities of the operation on the shoulder of the supervisor. Usually the supervisor earns a merit increase every evaluation period.

A supervisor is someone who makes sure that the workers are doing their jobs properly and no one is cheating on them. A supervisor is also a bridge between the subordinates and officers. Interestingly, in many companies, supervisor's job is to spy on the employees and report back to the manager

There is need for supervisor in every organization or company to see to the affairs of the company and to know what is going on in such company and other facilities or amenities the company may need to grow.supervisor will always monitor staff and how they are working in the organization.It is very essential to have a good,reliable and trust worthy supervisor.

For sure, if you don't have a supervisor in your building site site you risk losing half of your building materials. And when going for supervisors to take care of your site, go for the ones that is sincere, trustworthy who won't rip you off, and become a problem too. If you have a thief as a supervisor, it will be more ripping off than when you don't have any.

Supervisor as the name connotes means to supervise some things. But in a working environment the work of a supervisor does not actually different from the terminology of the word. A supervisor is needed at every working places to oversee what the junior workers or the other workers are doing, as it's his duty.