Why some people believe that making money online isn't possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oluwasegun purpose

This question is something which I have been asking myself for sometime now I wonder why some old people believe that the internet is just a scam zone and nothing good could come out of it, well this is not true as many things happens on the Internet so if something bad happens to you on the internet it might be that you took the wrong path or heard a fake information which is not legit.

I think one reason which might be the cause of old people not believing in the internet is because they don't know much about it, they only think based on what some people told them I think wrong information is the main cause why many people don't believe in the internet today.

Another thing is that people who often go into the internet in other to make money quick a likely to get scammed because there are newbies and newbies don't often listen to advice until they have gotten scammed then they begin to spread rumors that the internet is full of scams this has turned many old peoples mind against the internet to the extent that they even see people making money online as fraudster.

Why do you think old people don't believe in making money online?

Last edited:
There are a lot of people out there who believe that making money online is simply not possible. And while there may be some truth to that belief, there are also a lot of people who are doing just that - making money online. So, what's the reason for the disconnect?

There are a few reasons why some people believe that making money online is impossible. One reason may be lack of motivation. It can be hard to stay motivated when you're not seeing results right away. And when results are slow to come, it's easy to give up.

Another reason may be past experience. If someone has tried to make money online in the past and failed, they may believe that it's simply not possible. Lack of success can be a major deterrent.

Another reason why some people may believe that making money online is impossible is because they lack the basic requirements. For example, if you don't have a computer or an internet connection, it will be very difficult to make money online. And if you're not located in a major city, it can be even harder.

Ultimately, the reason why some people believe that making money online is impossible is because they simply don't know how. If you don't have the right information, it can be very difficult to succeed.

Fortunately, there are a lot of resources out there that can help you learn how to make money online. With the right motivation and a little bit of effort, anyone can succeed.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
There are so many people for sure who think that making money online is not possible. Especially the old people who are not so informed about most technologies and the internet. Even young people who are already informed about the internet and technologies still are skeptical about online earning opportunities. Some of the reasons for this includes;

1. Lack of information - especially for those people who were raised in older generations when the internet and technologies were not so pronounced. They are not so familiar with it and so they won't trust that there is a way to make money online. Some may just hear it but don't know how it works.

2. Loss of trust due to being scammed - when you are a newbie to online earning, you are prone to coming across several scams before you finally find things that work for you. Being scammed severally causes most people to give up on online earning. They start seeing like every venture is just going to go scam.

3. Some consider online earning as low and slow paying - so they term it as an impossible method of earning money. Most probably because they don't have skills and information about online earning methods that pay better.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
There are many people that have been scammed on the internet and this is one of the reasons why so many of them do not believe in online money making.

During the days of Ponzi schemes, around 2017 a lot of people were scammed through bitcoin. This is one of the major reasons why a lot of people have been trying as much as possible to avoid anything that pertains to cryptocurrency.

I have actually come across a lot of people who narrated their ordeal on the internet and how they we are swindled of their hard-earned money. One of the major reasons people do not believe in online money making is because of unscrupulous people all over the internet looking for who to scam.

Another major reason some people do not believe in all my money working is because they are not tech-savvy. Actually anyone who is tech savvy in this current age will probably know that there are a lot of ways in which he or she can capitalise on the internet and make some cool amount of money for him or herself.

Another reason some people do not believe in online money making is because it is not their interest. There are some people who are naturally not interested in anything online money making.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I won't blame those that making money online is not possible. In fact, I have been in that shoe before. Prior the moment I started making some little money online, I always have the premonition that money can be made online. Though, I was later proved wrong when I started making money online.

There are more of fake websites online than the genuine ones. Most of these new websites always target the newbies that do not really know how money can be made online. And when these set of people fall victims of these websites, they have only one choice than never to trsut the process of making money online.

Some do not believe this because they lack skills and knowledge of some websites that can fetch money. Before I stumbled on a particular website, I always watched different ways of making money online, and all these sites always wasted my time as most of the websites advertised didn't work in my country. I nearly gave up on making money online.

Many are looking for ways by which money can be made in a large quantity. Online scheme is not like that. Some times, you make it big while some times, you may not even make any money. All these make it seems impossible to make money

M

Manris

I think that for some people it is impossible to make money on the Internet because it is difficult for them and it becomes impossible so they leave and do not want to earn more.

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
Hi everyone here! Thank you very much for your interesting thread. I fully agree with everything you mention in your post. On the one hand, there are a lot of people who like making money online and they make a good income by working online every day. On the other hand, there are some people who believe that making money online is not possible. In my opinion, the main reason for not believing that they can earn money online is that there are so many fake sites online these days. Of course, they are right. In the past, I used to work for several sites that proved to be fake in the end since I never received any payment from them. For this reason, it is wise to do a very good search for every new site you come across and read some reviews about it first before starting working on it in order to avoid any problems in future. In this way, you can be safe and enjoy your online job.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
I disagree with the first point where you mentioned "old people". There is no age related issue in believing something.

You did not shared your own experience either with which age group you discussed this or have any conversation, so this is all made up.

I don't think this is wise to target "old people" because I know many 50+, 60+ who are making money online for years.

This thread only blames on age with self made decisions, so this isn't up to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.