Why some people choose to live an average financial life.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
The human subconscious mind have caused various individuals to categorise themselves and others into two categories which is rich and poor . In fact in the world today a person who does not have a fancy car , who doesn't have a house to call his own , who doesn't have a prestigious and an attractive salary paying job , and who doesn't wear the most expensive and designers clothings is considered to be poor , bankrupt or broke . This is not always the case because there are some people our locality who choose to live an average financial life and so will rather than having the faster car they choose to drive a more regular car , and rather than building or live in the most expensive houses they choose to rent or build a more normal house , finally rather than wearing the most expensive and eye praising clothings they choose to wear a more normal clothes . This set of people are called average financial set of people .

And the funny thing is that most of this average financial sector people might have the money to buy any luxurious property or assets which they desire but yet choose to live an average financial life. As insane it might sounds this set of people choose to live like this for a reason and some of these reasons include :

1. To avoid drawing the attention of others
2.To avoid creating jealousy and envy toward themselves from others .
3. To avoid considered as important in a particular locality or neighborhood .
4. To avoid their life being monitored by various online and offline blogger.
5. Finally to avoid people from picking on any imperfection or pitfalls the exhibits mistakenly or unknowingly .

E

eldavis

Though this are valid reasons as to why some well to do persons prefer living a quite and simple life. Some of these persons are simply just humble. They do not know how to brag about the amount of wealth they have, they just live life peacefully because it's their nature. I know of someone in my neighborhood who is like this, everyone knows he has money but the way he carries himself is something else. He has no element of pride, he associate himself with anyone and everyone, there are things he would do that people in his standard or even lesser would never do out of pride but be does them.

Skysaint

Verified member
Not only the average people but even the rich people. Well, to be honest I don't know what you mean by living an average life but when I saw your post it did remind me of something.
I have noticed a similar situation in the way the rich dress and that is the fact that the rich people always appear simple in dressing wherever they are. They don't have the time to put on luxurious clothing and appear in expensive footwear except for most musician celebrities anyway.
I don't know if this is aim at drawing people's attention away from them but I have seen a video of mark of Facebook walking down a street on shorts and a polo with a normal footwear and just not him, there are many people who are like this especially successful business men.
And the funny thing for me is that those who don't even have money are those who will like to show off and try to meet up with the trends in fashion and all that while in the real sense they don't have too much money as their looks portrays.
Why I said I don't understand what you mean by living an average life is that although many rich individuals appear simple and live like every other average citizen, they actually take care of themselves and enjoy all that life has to offer just that they won't show off or brag about it.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
All these things do not really make sense to me and I can't even sees the need why people should just be comfortable with their average financial status just because of all these things. This is a slavery to the highest level because you are still being control of what others will think of you which is not even the best in the life of anyone .

See I don't really have time to even think of what other people says about me . No matter what people might said and how the society sees me I try as much as possible to chase whatever I believe on as long as it does not cause any harmful effects to humans or the society.

Sometimes this is not likely to be the reason and some is always as a result that they are just lazy to take their life to the next level and sometimes there is no opportunity for them to improve their lives anymore because they are saddled with much responsibilities . This improvement is always much easier when we are single and not really when we got married because of so much financial responsibility as a married person .

Caramelle

I think average lifestyle would have been a more appropriate term for the real content of this thread. I can only surmise that the less financially secure people have more interest in the external, often artificial, trappings of wealth than actually wealthy people who have nothing to prove and basically can wear whatever is comfortable or own whatever pleases them. Some people depend on symbols like material possessions for their personal happiness while others could have different priorities or values in life. Additionally, some people who were born into wealthy families were raised to be more protective of their privacy and security and thus have no interest in exposing themselves to the prying press and public.​

Ayeshabashir

I am reading your post in which you are mentioned the reason why some people live average financial life i respect your opinions but i also want to share my opinion and view about it dear you are right there are two kinds of people in this world rich and poor but it is also not true that all rich people are arrogant and try to attract the attention of other people by wearing branded clothes, ride on expensive car and live in well furnished homes infact the people who born with a silver spoon in his mouth are not greedy they have no greediness about wealth instead they live humble life and prefer to wear simple clothes and prefer to help the needy and poor i am agree we will not add all rich people in this category but impress other people by their wealth can do only that kind of rich people who become newly rich and want to show off their selves in front of everyone and the one main thing average and rich people can see the world with different way and we should remove the difference between rich and poor and treat everyone equally with respect

moonchild

VIP Contributor
I really don't think there's any need for me to live an average financial life when I can live a rich, healthy and affluent life.

This Is really low self esteem in my opinion because if I know I want to live an average life, I'll just go and get a job and do it with proof.

But why will I work my ass off and get rich then I started living averagely, one of my reasons why I want to become rich is because I want to be different and I want to stand out, what's bad in living good?

And all of the people you see living average life do you the quality life they're having, some are more interested. In traveling and living healthy while others are interested in different things, there's no one size fits all and to each his own.

Bro it's YOLO, let's live it to the fullest.

If you don't want people to know about your wealth you can simply relocate to where wealthy people live and live as you wish.

But not doing something because of others and their opinions is the lowest class of self esteem.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I think that there are many reasons why many people would choose such kind of lifestyle despite being a really wealthy individual. I would not say that all people who choose to live such kind of lifestyle are necessarily "wealthy". In fact, majority of them might not be rich. I think that people choose to live such kind of lifestyle because they do not want to display their wealth. Some people do not have the desire to make money and they are happy with the average kind of lifestyle. On the other hand, some people might also opt to adopt such lifestyle because they have a stingy nature and they never want to spend money at all.

Some people need to adopt such sort of way of life because they want to save money for their future, so they have to reluctantly live in such kind of way. In fact, I have heard about many wealthy people living in poor conditions because spending a lots of money in an extravagant manner would lead to less money in the future and this may cause financial issues in the future. this is why saving money might be really important and this is why they kind of prefer such kind of way of life.

Holicent

VIP Contributor
The average financial life is not always the most fulfilling. There are a number of reasons why some people choose to live an average financial life, which include:

-Not having enough money to cover all the expenses in life.
-Lack of confidence that they can become wealthy if they make the right choices.
-A fear of success, so they choose to live an average lifestyle so that they can stay at home with their family.
-Some people choose to live an average financial life. They are happy with where they are in life and don't feel the need to take drastic measures to change their circumstances.

-They may be content with their current standard of living and have little desire for more. They may have a good job, but not enough money to support a lavish lifestyle or pay off debt. They may want children, but do not want them to live in poverty. They may see themselves as a good parent and want their children to be able to follow their dreams, even if they don't have much money or security at home.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
All these things are just fear and I do not really see the need why people should just decide to be average financially just to avoid jealousy or to avoid being monitored. To me it does not really make any sense , I'll personally choose to pursue and get everything I will like to have to make my life more comfortable and I will not have to depend on people for my personal decision.

Most times these are not the reason why people will decides to be average financially , but some people sometimes are always too comfortable with the position they are and they are not making any effort to improve their financial status because of fear of failure or may be other factors unknown.

I do not have any problem with anyone and I will try as much as possible to pursue everything I would like to have in this life and to gey them as much as possible. Those things you mentioned does not influence me.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
When it comes to your finances, it's not always about how much you make or how much money you have. In fact, most of us want to live an average financial life: we want to be able to do all the things we love with our money, like travel, take care of our families, and buy presents for friends and loved ones.

But sometimes, despite all our best intentions, life gets in the way. And that's kinda okay. We don't have to worry about money every day of our lives. But there are some things that can help us keep our heads above water when we're feeling a little underwater.

However, Living an average financial life is the choice of many people. They would like to have enough money to go to the movies or take a vacation with their family, but they don't want to be out of debt and in debt.