Why you should locate your business in a safe zone

Jasz

VIP Contributor
The safest zone is the one where you’re not. That’s what I like to tell my clients when they ask me whether it’s safe to locate their business in a particular area. The answer depends on the nature of your business, but there are some general guidelines I follow when making this decision:

1. Is there high-quality office space available? If you have a small, local company where you do most of your work out of your home, then you probably don’t need much office space at all. However, if you have a large enterprise and want to be able to hire employees or expand quickly, then it might make sense to look for a larger office building or space in an industrial park that can accommodate more employees and clients.

2. Are there other businesses near yours? This is especially important if your area has been experiencing crime increases in recent years, because it means that if something bad happens (which could happen!), other businesses will be nearby and ready to help protect their employees and customers from harm.

3. Does your city have good security guards who patrol the area regularly?

4. It is also important that you check whether or not there are any major risks in your area. For example, if there are industrial estates nearby, then it could pose a risk to your staff and customers as well as yourself.

5. You should also look at different aspects such as traffic flow, lighting and emergency exits before buying property or renting an office space for your business.