Why you shouldn't always focus on making money

It's no secret that money is important. It helps us buy the things we need and enjoy the things we want. But while money is important, it's not everything. In fact, there are times when focusing on making money can actually be counterproductive.

For example, let's say you're an artist. You want to make a living off your art, so you focus on making money. But in the process, you lose sight of your passion and your art suffers as a result. Or let's say you're a stay-at-home parent. You want to make money so you can provide for your family, but you also want to spend time with your children. So you focus on making money and you end up working all the time and never seeing your kids.

There are countless other examples of how focusing on making money can back fire. The point is, money is important but it's not everything. There are times when you need to focus on other things and let the money take care of itself.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Sometimes the main reason why we are always passionate about certain is because we are interested to earn from them . I don't really have any problem if I can be able to make money outside things that are not really something that I have interests except I am not capable of doing it, In this case I will always try as much as possible to avoid such .

If my source of earning is not my passion but at the same time I am comfortable to earn with it then I don't see the need for me to start pursuing my passion when I am comfortable with my earning.

A lot of people are just interested in making money and so many people do not really care about their passion except those that are absolutely interested. . I rather focus on making money than thinking of doing something I am passionate about.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
In this competitive word, unless you re super rich, you do not have any leverage to sacrifice your money making activities for your passion or for your family. In order to make money, you have to give best of what you have. For example, if you are an artist and if you want to make most from your artwork, you will have to put a lot of effort. You have two options, one, add some commercial value, two, just make it art for art sake. When you have commercial value in your art, you will make money and your life will be easy. However, if you are making your art just for art sake, you might not find buyer and you will have no money, and your life will be hard. I think the best approach is to find a middle patch. Don't think too much about making money and don't sacrifice your money making activities as well.

CALVINDOL

VIP Contributor
From my own point of view what I understand about the fact that you mentioned of not always being concentrated on the act of making money is being desperate . When an individual is so desperate to make money online he or she is blinded to the extent that he or she jumps on any websites or platform that he or she possibly is being referred to by a friend or colleague even without knowing whether the website is legit or a scam and fraud . We do not want to spend our time on website that do not deserve our time and energy or our phone resources that is why if we are to make money online it should be on a particular platform that pays us considerably and reasonably on our hard work that we have spent working day and night on the particular website .

In order to know whether a website is absolutely legit or not it is first of all important that we do not jump into a website that we possibly stumble against in the internet . We must endeavour to conduct a feasibility study about the website in order to be sure that the website is legit and absolutely worth our time and energy .

Sikapa

Verified member
Thank you for your thread and I think this thread is to educate us about how concentrating on money making alone can makes things go wrong. You are so right my dear but on the other hands, we also have to make money and sometimes concentrate on our money making in other to succeed. Is not all the time that we have to focus on money making and is not all the time that we have share that focus on two or three things.

Money making is a master of it own and it needs full attention in other to make money. Yes, rich people will tell you this and that is why most people especially rich people delay in marriage because of their businesses. You can never serve two masters which is money and any other things no, not in that way. If you have full time on your money making then you have to delay on some part in life.