Why's everyone trying to teach others how to make money online?

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
I have been thinking about a very funny situation that is currently happening. It is now common to see a lot of individuals who may have taken some time and resources to learn a skill or two online that is supposed to help them to earn some money.

But I get to find out that most of them are not interested in practicing what the have learned from the skill to earn the money them selves, but would always be trying to see how they can get some ignorant folks to pay them for mentorship.

The worst part is that they may not even have earned a penny from the skill, but that is not their problem at all.
All they are after is how to teach others and get paid.

Is this a new way of earning money online? Like go and learn a skill, then come and start looking for people who would pay you to teach them that skill instead of seeing to it that you put what you learned into practice.

I want us discuss on this, because there are now more of these things already and I am confused.
Is it that these skills are no longer paying or what?

sincerem

VIP Contributor
When it comes to skills, their are people online who simply learned it as theory, never did it's practical aspect before. As we can see, the teachers in our country teaches even doctors, lawyers but they never for once practiced what they've thought those students, especially the secondary school teachers. That's how most of the skilled professionals who turned tutors learned as well, just to teach students or other users and earn their fair share of money.

General01

This is really pathetic . Have noticed that of recent, I think it is born out of greed for money and the desire of the glory that accompanies those that are mentoring.

Desiring all these is not bad itself. Because at a point you would want to become an authority in the field you are skilled. But starting it up as a novice with no experience and adequate skill is very bad .
A blind man cannot lead his fellow blind colleague

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
You are right . I think must people learn what they learnt when they are less busy and just see it as opportunity to learn new thing not to make use of it in the future to earn money. So whenever they want to make money with it they just come online abd started to advertise it to people to come and learn with money.

Though there are some site like fivver , amazon etc that one can teach people things to earn money.
But many people do used some strategy on the forum.
They will first do one Teaching free by using that as a bate to attracted people and latter said that they need to pay more in order to complete the curse.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
It's really sad for real! Many people are in this category lol and it's sometimes annoying that all they just want is just to get money from you. I think most times, some people tend to learn something they are not ready to uphold or work upon. When they learn a skill, they know you can not just start to earn money right away from the skill, you need to undergo a lot of stress to be successful at it. I think that's what they don't want to go through. They believe the route is to be teaching the skill, so they can earn easy money.

Mika

VIP Contributor
One of the common mistakes by a newbie, mainly someone who is trying to write and earn, is to start publishing on how to make money. If you check the profile of users on forums who mainly teach how to make money online are actually the people who have just started and have not even earned their first $100 online. They start teaching how to make money online because they actually have a desire to learn how to make money online but they don't easily admit that they do not have skills and knowledge to make money online. They are trying to pull attention.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
There are two ways to view this. And each opinion is valid depending on the perspective we may be looking at it. Most time, people learn just to teach while some learn just to practice. It depends on passion and reason one is doing it.

I studied political science in school even when I have no intention to join politics for one reason or the other. In fact, I only voted once and it is not a matter of bragging, I do analyse both local and international politics. That's just the irony. Many people have advised me to join politics but I find solace in teaching than practising what I learnt.

In the same vein, many will just love it when the teach rather than practising it. I learnt many skills for free online and the saddest thing is that those that taught me did it for free. They may have other motive of mskikg money through the channel they use. For instance z some are concerned about what YouTube will give them 5hsn what people will pay them or what they will see when they practise it.

In contrast, many only use the avenue to amass wealth. Some even watch many videos and make sure he copies the same information from those videos to make his own videos too. That's why we need to be careful while sourcing information online.

E

eldavis

This is usually common with bloggers, most of them do this just so they can get more traffic for their post. In other cases some post it cause they actually have Notting to talk about, so they just decide to talk about that.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
We should really be careful when people offer to teach us something , especially if they are promising that if we learn it from them , that we will be able to make so much money because most of them are not really trusted . if they are really making so much money as they claims to , they wouldn't even have the time to train other people on how to start earning .
That is what I just understand. A situation in which people constantly advertise their skill is a clear indication that they are not earning anything . They are just looking for a way of making money with the skills they have learnt and they believe that the best way of doing that is to offer to teach it out to people .

Another point is that most people who are giving this training and not really professional in their area of concentration and sometimes they might not even be able to give you the best training on how to make money in a particular online business.

They are just interested in the amount of money you are willing to pay and in most cases you won even learn anything .

kayode10

VIP Contributor
It is easier to sell money making product online than to make money online. Those people realise that to actually make real money online is very difficult.

Therefore they choose to go into information marketing which is pretty much easier as a lot of people are looking for ways to make money online.

This set of people are calling them self information marketer. They learnt about copywriting and they know how to write his copy that you convince people to buy the products they are selling.

Those information marketers are just selling the dreams. The paint making money online as something easy to do. Over time they turn out to be scammer s as they are lying to people to get their money.

This often create a sad experience on the minds of those who are just getting started to make money online. overtime they are going to realise that those who are making money at the one selling the informations.

If you really wants to catch them, you simply ask them the proof of their recent earnings from the money making model they are promoting. They might send you an edited picture but you have to be very alert and be careful. You can also ask for video proof of the anus in order to be certain.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
Yea , there are some people who are interested to teach people how to make money for themselves . Most times the teacher personally do not even generate money from the skill they are trying to get people to pay them to learn. Sometimes I am always so sceptical about some people that are fun of advertising about most of their skill and how people can make millions of naira with it , because if you can look deeply into their lifestyle you will come to find out that they are not really making money as they claim and they are just looking for people that they can just train by claiming to make money . They just believe that when they tells others about how much they are making from their skill , people will be interested to also learn the skill while they will earn money by training them.

I have seen so many people on WhatsApp that have been dropping me some message about how I can be able to make up to $100 on daily basis by investing a good amount of money and so on , but the point is that if all this thing was really true they won't even bother to be messaging people every time about it.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Well, it is not very surprising because they are actually practicing what they have learnt. when it comes to making money on the internet you need to understand that there are a lot of niches which ranges from make money online niche to health niche, technology and the whole lot of them.

Most of those people you have encountered are in the make money online niche are trying to make money by teaching people how to make money.

I think it is actually one of the easiest niches in which anyone can use to make money on the internet that is the reason why you see a lot of people trying to teach people how to do it for a fee.

Recently, I came across someone who said that he wanted to teach us how to make money through drop shipping and he gave us a link to join his WhatsApp group but after sometime we realised that what he is trying to do is to sell a course. He even said that the class will be free but the only thing he did was to give us the definition of drop-shipping and the platform to start it and started saying that if you want to learn more you should join his masterclass. The thing is that most of them do not know how to make money from those things.