Will You Quit Your Job If Your New Manager Is So Rude?

Sikapa

Verified member
Most of the times people tend yo be so rude to their worker and I don't know if this is part of human life. I have seen many cases which people complain to me about how their managers or even coworkers treat them in the work places. Well, this seems to be found everywhere due to individual differences because there are some people who introvert and some too are extrovert.

One thing in life if you have to realize that it takes all sort of people to make this whole world. Yes, that is the way it is so those rude people are also part of the world and therefore we can never eliminate them but rather we have to learn or know how to stay with those people. It will be so bad and more embarrassing when you find yourself in the hand of a rude manager because he or she might treat you like a kid no matter you age. Most people quit their jobs because of these rude people but only few of them sustain in this condition.

What will you do if you find yourself in the hand of such a young rude manager? Will you quit your job?

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Personally, I don't think that a rude manager will make me quit my job. As long as it is still paying me and I love the work I do, I will keep working as long as I am not fired. I know it will be so hard dealing with a rude boss, but I have come to learn that in life, I am only in control of myself and not another person.

It is best to take full responsibility of how you react to your rude boss. You will find it to be so rough working there if you keep a really negative attitude all the time and keep cursing instead of working.

When you concentrate on the behavior of your boss, you will be distracted from doing the job that you are so skilled at and probably love so much. So switch your attention to yourself and the effort you give, you can never change your rude boss.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
It will depend but sometimes this is not necessary. If a new manager is being employed into a business organisation I am working with , well I will first of all have to study to really understand how the person is and what he really wants from employees in the business organisations , maybe this will help me to work with him or her perfectly without any problem.

But a situation in which the manager is so rude because of nothing important , then I have to face of all distance myself and also try as much as possible to focus strictly on the responsibilities that is being given to me without any suggestion or something. If the person is just so rude just for no reason then I have to leave the business organisation because I value my peace of mind more than any other thing and no matter what will happen I cannot withstand someone who is rude.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I know that a rude manager can be a big pain on the neck but when it comes to ones source of income then one needs to be careful with the decision. Maybe it will be first better to know why someone is rude to you. if it is about you, maybe the way you carry out your job or duties then you try to work on it. We need to first hold our selves accountable and be sure that it is you giving a negative vibes.

But if it is about the manager personality, he might just be a cold spirited person that just want to be mean and rude to people it is better to ignore the person and concentrate on doing your job to your best ability. But if you can't cope you should start looking for a new job no need arguing with anyone when you can do better.

Vladv26

It depends on how rude he is and hwo much I could do to solve the issues between us. I would first try and talk to him and see why he is so rude to me and other colleagues as well. Maybe he has different problems in his own life and he gets angry and releases all his tension on other people at work. So maybe he will understand if I and other people talk to him and tell him that what he is doing is not good. If he doesn't understand and continues his behavior I would go and talk to a person in a superior position, since there's nothing I can do about him. If that also doesn't solve the problem then I guess the only thing I can do is leave that job. There is no point staying somewhere where simple problems like these cannot be solved even with the boss of the company

Etini

Valued Contributor
Rudeness from a manager creates a toxic working environment. It creates bad blood which night ultimately blows up one day. It is important that as a manager, you should learn to be courteous when addressing people. A good manager should understand that humans are wired differently and it is not everyone that can take verbal daggers. If you are rude to me as a manager or supervisor, I would surely resign. You can't be messing with my mental health. I have had experiences with two superiors at work who were very rude. The other one was too rude to the point of insulting people's families. I fought with him one day.
The other one was a lady. She was bossy and rude. I quietly resigned from her organization without telling her anything. Of what benefit is rudeness to a person or organization? Absolutely none. Diplomacy is a quality that all managers should imbibe.