Working on Remote Jobs: How Remote Working Has Changed Your Life?

Mika

VIP Contributor
I worked 6 years in various day jobs before I began as a freelancer and started working remotely. When I had a job, I had signed a contract that did not allow me to work elsewhere. I would have to reject the work even if I could have done it in my extra time without affecting my job schedule. However, I am a freelancer working remotely and I am free to choose whatever job I want to do. I can do even 3-4 jobs at a time. This is the most evident change remote working has brought to my life.

However, there is also a downside of freelancing and remote working. The job brought me a regular income and I did not have to worry about my finances as my paycheck paid my entire bill. I was even able to save some money. However, as a freelancer, I always worry about my finances because if I cannot reach my monthly earning target, I cannot pay my bills, let alone save money.

Remote jobs are now coming up since the vividh lockdown effect made Work From Home possible. Those who comfortably work from home, they can even do multiple jobs, because no boss is watching them what they are doing.
People can work for whom they are serving as Work From Home, and also do other works, because they have lots of free time.

I would love if WFH become permanent, less work, more time.

My condition is also quite similar to yours. I have also worked remotely most of my life and throughout my life, I had only one job. I used to work in call center and those days were quite tough days for me. I had no other option but to work in such kind of place, but I soon left that place. Fortunately, I found many ways to make money online and online forums are one of them. Right now I am regularly making money online on paid forums despite the fact that I work remotely. I have no problems with working alone or in a remote manner due to the fact that I am not actually used to work with annoying co-workers and other colleagues who always bully you at work.

Obviously, there might be many disadvantages of working remotely and one of the biggest disadvantage of working remotely is the fact that you do not get exposure to professional environment and this is something that many people often look for when applying for the job. This is because many people do not work only for money rather they work because they want a great environment where they could learn more. Having said, that I am still pretty much happy with working in a remote manner.