YouTube Hacks for Newbie

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I have a fairly successful youtube channel, I have been running this channel for more than 2 years and I make good amount of money. If I had to start over again, here is what I would do.

I would find a micro niche, a niche that does not have a lot of competition on youtube but has fairly good interest from the viewers.

I would then start creating videos and publishing on youtube. My videos would have SEO title, relevant tags and description, and interesting thumbnail, I would also try to keep my videos about under 10 minutes. I would publish 2-3 videos every week.

I would just focus on content creation and I would publish continuously for 3 months until I have 20-25 videos. Once I have substantial amount of content, I would slow down in content creation and focus on creating just 1 video every week and spend some time in marketing and other things.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I do not think there is any niche that does not have any competition. Looks like all niches are already taken. No matter what niche or topic you search on youtube, you will find that there are already a lot of videos covering the topics and niches. Therefore, I think you should stop looking for niches or even micro-niches, instead try to find a niche that you are comfortable with, have interest in, and can create videos on the topic. For example, you can try travel, however, if you do not have resources to create trvel videos, you should simply drop the idea and try something else. You can see a lot of videos on finance niche, but if you really work hard on this niche, you can still succeed provided you create resource ful videos. The key to be become successful is to know the topic so that you can create high quluty videos.