YouTube Monetization Tricks That Work in 2022

Mika

VIP Contributor
Well, you don’t need to get monetized if you want to earn from youtube shorts, but you cannot make a lot of money with youtube shorts. Therefore, it makes sense to monetize your channel by reaching 1k subscribers and 4k hours watch time. Interestingly, you can use youtube shorts to build followers and views on your channel and reach the monetization threshold faster. Interestingly, it has been extremely easier to get monetized now compared to 1-2 years ago.

Here are some interesting facts to consider for youtube monetization in 2022

The number of videos to be published before you can reach the monetization threshold: Some people had to publish over 100 videos before they reached the monetization threshold, however, some people were able to reach there with just 50 videos. However, the average number of videos you need is 60-70.

The time you have to spend before reaching monetization: Some people have been able to monetize their channel in 35-40 days, however, the average monetization time is around 6-7 months.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
If I have to start a new youtube channel, I will use these strategies.
Create a niche channel: I will serve to a specific group of people. When my videos are targeted towards specific group of people, youtube will algorithmically put my video in front of these niche audiences.
Be consistent and regularly: My first videos have zero views, even my 10 video has zero views, but I will be consistent and regular in publishing videos. Youtube give emphasis to the content creators who are consistent and regular. I need just one-two videos to shoot up my channel, therefore, I will continue to publish video until that happens.
The keys to faster monetization are:
Longer session (a lot of video content)
Early traffic (through subscribers, perhaps your friends and family)
Thumbnail branding (branding is very important for success)
Focus (your videos need to have a clear focus)
Out of these four points, you should give more preference for longer session.