Zero Dollar Day Strategy for Saving

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
Zero Dollar Day is a savings challenge that takes place in the US.

There is no fixed date for this challenge, and people adopt it to live a day without spending a single dollar. Perhaps other countries also have something like this but have not adopted it for their spending habits.

Similarly, if people celebrate one day as Zero Expenditure Day (no spending in the name of celebration), then they can save one day's expenditure. It is difficult, but successful use in the US encourages adoption. I experienced a day by going out, using lifts for travel, visiting free places, and buying nothing.​

cmoneyspinner

How interesting. This is a savings challenge popular in the USA? I've never heard of it. But I like it! I still also like the idea of a Christmas Savings Club. Might be a good idea to combine the two.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
How interesting. This is a savings challenge popular in the USA? I've never heard of it. But I like it! I still also like the idea of a Christmas Savings Club. Might be a good idea to combine the two.

Maybe not in the entire US, but it is a large federal of states. But yes, I came to know about it only while collecting information about US citizens and their challenges. Of course, "Zero Dollar Day" is a challenge, which people adopt to save instead of spending, and this helps them in all sorts