6 Freelancing Platforms for Writers

Mika

VIP Contributor
Fiverr and Upwork are the most popular freelancing sites but these sites are for all sorts of jobs. If you are looking for a comprehensive list of freelancing platforms specifically built for writers, here are some platforms you can try.

WriterAccess.com: You can apply for free and once approved to write for the site, you can make a lot of money by selling your freelance writing services.

Narrato.io: This is another popular platform to sell your articles to individual clients or businesses. You will have to go to the available job section and pick the appropriate assignment.

Contena.co: Whether you want a short-term writing contract, or want a long-term client, this is the platform for you. By joining the platform you get access to all sorts of writing jobs.

Zerys.com: The best thing about this site s you don’t have to visit the site and browse for the available job, the site will match your profile with jobs and send notifications about the jobs you can do.

TextWorkers.com: Unlike other sites on this list, by joining this platform, you will become a part of their writing team and directly write for their clients.

iWriter: This is one of the oldest freelancing platforms for writers. You have to do a test post before you can work on the site.

Wow, interesting! I have worked on most of these platforms and have successfully sold my freelancing services. However, these days I am not working on any of these sites. MY accounts are still there and whenever I need money, I can go back and start working on writing gigs, but as for the moment, I am not doing it. Well, I stopped working not because I was dissatisfied with the pay rate, I stopped working because it was tiresome. Due to the competition, I had to usually lower my asking rate for outsmarting other writers. When you offer to work for lower payment, your acceptance rate will highly increase, however, you end up working more for little payment. Therefore, I stopped working on freelancing platforms. If you have writing skills and if you do not have better income source, you can try freelance writing. IN fact you can ben use freelance writing as a launch pad to become a published author.

Fiverr and Upwork doesn't authorize to make a project for write articles as personal trial unlike the rest of the platforms that are authorizing people to make writing projects. Project on Upwork must be about programmation or design tricks.