Why Freelancing Platforms Rarely Have Any Work Available?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Seeking a job online is a dream of many people because not all the people like to have a day job where they are required to work for someone else. This is why there are many people who try to seek for online opportunities and try to find work on many freelancing sites. I have already heard about Up work and some other job sites where freelancers might be able to find jobs, but there are many other platforms that also supposedly offer work to people. I have noticed that despite the fact that there are so many freelancing platforms, there is hardly any work available on those platforms. Some platforms at most have four or five projects available in a day and even those projects are picked up by experienced freelancers. Why are they unable to find work for the writers who work hard to apply on their platforms with hopes of making money?

I've been having this thought lately too, many freelance platforms are being created everyday but it's still hard to land a freelance gig, if you go to fiverr the competition is very fierce or you'll see people offering a very hard gig for a very little amount, Upwork too is not left out, when a job is posted, before you could say Jack, you'll see a lot of proposals.

I really don't know why this is happening, is it that supply outweigh demands or what exactly is the problem, it's just getting harder for beginners, I even read an article that the guy I suggesting that new freelancers should refrain from using freelance sites.

If you are using Fiverr, you would know you can sell the same gig unlimited times. So, practically speaking, Fiverr gives you unlimited earning opportunities. If you mean to say you are not getting as much order as you would like to work on, there are a lot of things to consider, fir instance, what you are selling, how you are selling. If you are selling graphic designing gigs that is being sold by a lot of people, it is quite impossible to sell. Even on Upwork, there are a lot of jobs and there will never be a dearth of jobs.

Well I do not seem to quite understand your plight on this post, as much as I know, I think that freelance sites are supposed to be where you can actually post whatever you do for a living and wait for client to come and patronize you but with your explanation, it is starting to sound like it is the platform that will give you the job to do and one can eventually be unfortunate not to get any if you do not register on time, well maybe I am the one that is misunderstanding the whole explanation though. Please enlighten me more if you do not mind

I work on upwok, every month I make between $400 and $600 on upwork. I have never felt the scarcity of jobs on upwork. In fact, I feel that there are too many jobs. However, my problem is not being able to get the job every time I apply. My success rate is 80 percent, if I had 100 percent success rate. I would have easily made at least $1000 on upwork every month. If I was making $1000 on upwork I would have never wandered on various earning sites. I do not have any experience on other freelancing platforms.