A nice marketing and promotion strategy

arunima25

Verified member
There is a shopping complex with a few small groceries, fruits, and vegetables, and medical stores near the place where I used to take my younger daughter for her keyboard lessons. While she attended the class, I would go around the place a finish a few errands and shopping for groceries and veggies and fruits. On each of these stores paying counters in the evening, we could see few trays with freshly baked eggless cakes. They were fresh out of oven and were healthy as they used multigrain flour and no sugar. They used natural sweeteners like honey, dates, and bananas and were full of nuts. They also had varieties without nuts. And the pieces neatly packed in brown covers were very economically priced. I bought them regularly for my daughters for their yummy and healthy evening snacks. Slowly few more homemade hot snacks were added to these counters. And they all sold like hot cakes within few hours. One day while at counter, I picked a few bags of those snacks and cakes and paid for them. There was a separate bill for that. As I paid, the counter boy handed me a small card with the business name "Home made Healthy snacks" and its address on it. On the back side was a menu list with prices. They mentioned that it was ready for small party orders. When I enquired from the counter boy, he said that the lady living across the road was the owner of this business. I was impressed by the marketing and promotion strategy. Looking at the way, her cakes and snacks picked popularity , I am sure she would have bagged quite a lot of orders. I have ordered those cakes a few times myself.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
This is one thing some business owners do not understand. no matter how small your business is you need to look for a way in order to make it very attractive to a lot of people and from there your business can grow and become very popular. Picking a nice marketing strategy to use in your business is one of the ways in which you can quickly expand.

arunima25

Verified member
This is one thing some business owners do not understand. no matter how small your business is you need to look for a way in order to make it very attractive to a lot of people and from there your business can grow and become very popular. Picking a nice marketing strategy to use in your business is one of the ways in which you can quickly expand.
And in today's world, we have so many means to reach our target consumers and it is pretty convenient. And technology has made it so much economical. Social media platforms are so convenient and free. One just needs to be innovative with the ways to market and promote. This lady did not want a very huge scale business. She wanted it to be for local consumers within a certain radius. Maybe that's all she wanted her business to be limited to. And this kind of marketing strategy does work for local businesses.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Giving away that card for customers is one good marketing style because the customer would get to know the business better. In your case that you love their baked products then you would contact them for parties. That is like advertising the business direct to the buyers which is better than promoting the business in social media.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
No matter how small the business might be, if we market and promote the business the business possible way surely it will get noticed. And when when our products/items is quality or worth it, customers will keep flooding it to order more. That's how business grow from small to becoming a mighty business.

Mika

VIP Contributor
This reminds me of a story of a successful businesswoman in my country. She used to be a housewife with a lot of interest in making pickles. One day someone suggested her to package her pickles and put them on sale at the grocery store in the neighborhood. Rest is history, today she owns the biggest pickle business in the country.

arunima25

Verified member
This reminds me of a story of a successful businesswoman in my country. She used to be a housewife with a lot of interest in making pickles. One day someone suggested her to package her pickles and put them on sale at the grocery store in the neighborhood. Rest is history, today she owns the biggest pickle business in the country.
We have similar stories here which are quite inspiring. People started very small with minimum investment and with their hardwork and continuous efforts have reached new heights. They are now brands and offering jobs to many. So, it just takes to keep up with those small steps towards a big goal. I have heard many in my neighborhood ordering for her cakes and baking items. Many give her birthday and small party orders. So definitely her advertising has brought her fruitful results.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
This strategy is good, it works with us too. There are shops of everyday items open nearby, I used to go there myself while taking a walk, every shop is competing with one another. They also give out their cards, in some cases even do free home delivery to keep their customers and new customers.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
A business always need innovative and creative promotional ideas as you journey along.i think all business owners should know this to enable them Excel better with their businesses. Having a good strategy from Time to time will mean more sales and in turn will bring more money

Setho

VIP Contributor
It is actually not a new thing for business owners to try to advertise their products even more for the with the use of branded souvenirs or branded merchandise. This is a kind of marketing technique that you can employ for your business especially One that you face a lot of competition to deal with.

arunima25

Verified member
When my husband came to this city for livelihood, they were a group of few bachelors who could not find time to cook and they longed for timely healthy home-cooked food. This lady called Lalitha started this tiffin service to few bachelors and soon with simple advertising like giving her cards to hostels where working men and women lived clicked. Today it is a big brand and Lalitha tiffin services provide meals to thousands. She is a known businesswoman now and has two restaurants too along with her homemade cooked tiffin services.