General insurance Accident and Health Insurance

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Under accident and health insurance, there are various policies. But the most common are, personal accident, group personal accident, medical expenses, and sickness insurance.

(a) personal Accident Insurance:
It provides benefit for death, injury, disablement or medical expenses caused by accident. The benefit provided could either be capital or income benefit. The capital benefit is paid when death occurred as a result of the accident to the insured. Income benefit is paid when the accident leads to disablement, illness or sickness..

(b) Group personal Accident
This policy provides the sane cover and benefit as personal accident policy but it covers covers more than one person i. e. a group of employee rather than individual.

(c) Permanent Health Insurance:
One of the limitations under accident and sickness insurance is that the weekly benefit has a time limitation of 104 weeks.
That it is a temporary benefit for a maximum of 104 weeks. The permanent health policy is designed to overcome this shortcoming because it provides benefit until the death of the life assured. Also an accident or sickness insurance policy is an annual policy while permanent health is taken over a long period of time.

(d)The National Health Insurance Scheme:
This is categorized under Health Insurance. It is a social scheme that guarantees the provision of needed health services to persons on the payment of token contributions at regular intervals

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
It seems these two words “accident” and “ health” somehow relates in the world of insurance, when accident happens taking care of health comes in and that his where the health insurance policy comes in, although, it depends on the type of insurance policy you subscribe to under the health insurance policy.

Jamoflondon

Verified member
Accident insurance is like one wishing to have accident. Please I really to get something straight here. How exactly does insurance company compensate the insured after the accident. Is it that they will take care of the hospital bills because if so i really do not see difference between accident insurance policy and health insurance policy.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Just like other commentators are confused, so also I am when it comes to some insurance polices. For instance, insurance only compensates only after the incident insured against happens. So what will be the benefit of someone that is under accident insurance policy that has accident and he dies. Will he be compensated?

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
I think accident insurance is different from health insurance , there could be car accident and many other accident that could likely occur , while health insurance is more concerned about the person well-being and others ,so there is difference between the two and different insurance premium are paid for the two