Betting should not be treated like business.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Most people consider betting as a business. They even take it serious the same way they take business of their jobs serious. In as much as I won't be totally be against this. I need to pen down some reasons why betting should not be treated like a business.
It is gambling. Betting is gambling and nothing more to qualify it than being a gambling. Business on the other hand is dealing with tangible goods or services. While you gamble with the sole aim of winning maybe through your luck or analysis, you profit through persuasion and character in business.

Gambling is very addictive and doesn't guarantee winning everyday. Though business as well doesn't guarantee profit everyday but money won't be lost every day unlike in gambling. Anytime your predictions is wrong, then money is lost but in business if one customer doesn't buy your goods, that doesn't mean that other customers won't buy your goods.

There is dignity in business. You can easily and proudly tell people that you are going all about your business. But you won't be proudly tell people that you are going out to play a bet or for betting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I wonder how those people can consider betting a business. I may agree if their bets would win regularly like having an income from gambling. But the word gambling means you can win money or you can lose your money. Now if you will treat betting as a business then I can bet you that your wealth will not last in a year.