Bitcoin ATM in Africa

greatguy1

The only African country that can boost of having Bitcoin ATM in Africa is South Africa. A handful meanwhile are mulling the possibility of banning all forms of cryptocurrency trade but the largest economy in Africa have instead embraced it and rolled out ATM that can accept Bitcoin exchange for transactions made offline.
There are about 7 Bitcon ATM in South Africa with Cape Town having 4 of the ATM and other cities having 1 each with promise that it will be spread across the country.
This is laudable and in turn deepen the economy of South Africa.

Ahmedo24

Verified member
Too bad, that we are the second in the
world capitalization market when it concerns Cryptocurrency. It supposed to have occurred that we at least owned one with the way we love Cryptocurrency. We are well adrift of modernized things, i just pray one day that something good touch our leaders to think this way implementing the use of Bitcoin ATM.
It is very likely that the recent ban by the Central Bank of Nigeria might be a blessing in disguise because if the Senate,the CBN and The SEC are you able to reach reasonable conclusion as regards regulating the Crypto currency sector instead of banning it , the will give more confidence to the players in the sector to launch their bitcoin ATM

Ahmedo24

Verified member
With the recent ban that happens it just like a blessing to the crypto world because people that are not familiar with crypto are now curious to know about it and people are already exposing the banks on Twitter on how the bank makes money with our money without interest so people want to invest in bitcoin and enjoy the rise in the money.
Crypto currencies are actually financial liberation though they come with risks which we must understand before going into it, as it is trending not all people Investing in it are making the money. I will be very glad to see bitcoin ATM in Nigeria and also use it., I guess Binance is already working on Binance Crypto card for easy transactions.

Olajidey

Laughs, guy I'm very surprise too too to see why all poverty striking countries finds it difficult to adopt this kind of automated machine that ease the burden of withdrawing digital coins into fiat currency. I really don't see anything that makes it to slow down countries economy. Instead it adds to the countries economy, cos they will implement payment of tax from the financial institutions that mount the machine for usage.
With the recent ban that happens it just like a blessing to the crypto world because people that are not familiar with crypto are now curious to know about it and people are already exposing the banks on Twitter on how the bank makes money with our money without interest so people want to invest in bitcoin and enjoy the rise in the money.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I have heard of bitcoin ATM before even they issue a card that you can use with the ATM, But why is it that it is all this poverty-stricken country that have an issue with ATM as at today i still don't know how cryptocurrency affect the economy why is the country depending on hard earn money of the citizen to sustain,
Laughs, guy I'm very surprise too too to see why all poverty striking countries finds it difficult to adopt this kind of automated machine that ease the burden of withdrawing digital coins into fiat currency. I really don't see anything that makes it to slow down countries economy. Instead it adds to the countries economy, cos they will implement payment of tax from the financial institutions that mount the machine for usage.

Olajidey

I have heard of bitcoin ATM before even they issue a card that you can use with the ATM, But why is it that it is all this poverty-stricken country that have an issue with ATM as at today i still don't know how cryptocurrency affect the economy why is the country depending on hard earn money of the citizen to sustain,

sincerem

VIP Contributor
The senators are supporting the trading of Crypto currencies simply because it has been providing means of livelihood to lots of youths without jobs so discouraging them now will cause social unrest to the country so they seek for a soft landing than ban from the CBN. The CBN claimed they have to ban the activities to enable them study it.
Hmm, the senators thought wisely, I never imagined that they will be thinking this way the are going at the moment. They have seen that it will cause state of unrest cos the citizens that makes livelihood from crypto will be affected too. They a re also making ends meet through Cryptocurrency, that's why they are against the ban. I just pray they resolve this entangling issues around the digital currency, so we move on in the normal way.

Ahmedo24

Verified member
Good update you've given me now, that the senate are pushing for the unban of crypto. That gonna put back smiles on the people of Nigeria that trade on Cryptocurrency. It will be a joyous moment the very day we'll set that Bitcoin ATM in our country Nigeria, just the way other western and developed crypto countries have done.
The senators are supporting the trading of Crypto currencies simply because it has been providing means of livelihood to lots of youths without jobs so discouraging them now will cause social unrest to the country so they seek for a soft landing than ban from the CBN. The CBN claimed they have to ban the activities to enable them study it.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Obviously if they are ready to lift the ban and regulate it, it become part of the asset the SEC will give daily report on in the business news so obviously they will look for ways to improve it services like installation of ATMs and the likes. I am very optimistic the Senate will push for the lift of the ban. In the next two weeks we should be updated.
Good update you've given me now, that the senate are pushing for the unban of crypto. That gonna put back smiles on the people of Nigeria that trade on Cryptocurrency. It will be a joyous moment the very day we'll set that Bitcoin ATM in our country Nigeria, just the way other western and developed crypto countries have done.

Ahmedo24

Verified member
Laughs, that might be a blessing too, the central bank of Nigerian might have taken the unplanned decision to ban cryptoaand we've moved on from such setback and use other means to cash out our funds. The Senate, that might give room for high profile individuals granting the permission yo install the Bitcoin ATM.
Obviously if they are ready to lift the ban and regulate it, it become part of the asset the SEC will give daily report on in the business news so obviously they will look for ways to improve it services like installation of ATMs and the likes. I am very optimistic the Senate will push for the lift of the ban. In the next two weeks we should be updated.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
It is very likely that the recent ban by the Central Bank of Nigeria might be a blessing in disguise because if the Senate,the CBN and The SEC are you able to reach reasonable conclusion as regards regulating the Crypto currency sector instead of banning it , the will give more confidence to the players in the sector to launch their bitcoin ATM
Laughs, that might be a blessing too, the central bank of Nigerian might have taken the unplanned decision to ban crypto and we've moved on from such setback and use other means to cash out our funds. The Senate, that might give room for high profile individuals granting the permission yo install the Bitcoin ATM.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
It was once revealed by nairametrics that there is one ATM in Lagos 4 Bitcoin but a lot of people have claimed that they haven't come across the Bitcoin ATM anywhere in Lagos and Nigerian being the second country with Crypto currency market capitalization we except more than 10 Bitcoin ATMs but sadly we are yet to practically see even one.
Too bad, that we are the second in the
world capitalization market when it concerns Cryptocurrency. It supposed to have occurred that we at least owned one with the way we love Cryptocurrency. We are well adrift of modernized things, i just pray one day that something good touch our leaders to think this way implementing the use of Bitcoin ATM.

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
South Africa is the mega country here in africa... It boost of good tourism and it to me it ought to be the central of africa foreign policy.... I believe it is because of the mix color of her citizens that is why her economy is boosting well... I don't see Nigeria having any bitcoin atm at all and the next country that is showing promise like south Africa is Kenya.

Haypril

It is a welcomed development in Africa. But it painful that Nigeria government already placed a ban on its transactions and investment in the country without cross checking how it has helped the citizens. I really wish and hope and pray that the government see reasons to left the ban and welcome this great asset with open hands. The ATM machine would have really look nice in this country of ours.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
..I so like it since it is coming from an African country, atesst it shows Africans can understand that the crypto world had got potential and can be rely on. Hope Nigerians can reciprocate this soon and unbanned this ban so that we can continue to trade and this will helpl our economy to grow as well

Ahmedo24

Verified member
It was once revealed by nairametrics that there is one ATM in Lagos 4 Bitcoin but a lot of people have claimed that they haven't come across the Bitcoin ATM anywhere in Lagos and Nigerian being the second country with Crypto currency market capitalization we except more than 10 Bitcoin ATMs but sadly we are yet to practically see even one.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
The only African country that can boost of having Bitcoin ATM in Africa is South Africa. A handful meanwhile are mulling the possibility of banning all forms of cryptocurrency trade but the largest economy in Africa have instead embraced it and rolled out ATM that can accept Bitcoin exchange for transactions made offline.
There are about 7 Bitcon ATM in South Africa with Cape Town having 4 of the ATM and other cities having 1 each with promise that it will be spread across the country.
This is laudable and in turn deepen the economy of South Africa.
It will be good if Africans gonna come out with this kind of promising development of having Bitcoin ATM in all the African regions. That will be a plus for we Africans. The Bitcoin ATM is already installed in the western world for those that embrace Cryptocurrency whole heartedly. It wouldn't be exempted in the future I believe so.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
This is a good development. And I hope it is circulated to other African countries to ease the trouble of going through Peer to peer platforms as a Nigerian. Although I know the rate of all these atm is always high but it will still serve the purpose it is made of for a main time till permanent solution is offered to the problem of countries that have regulated the use of cryptocurrencies.