Book browse: Review Books and Get Paid

Holicent

VIP Contributor
Book browse says that they get a lot of applications, so please don't fill out their form until you've read some of their reviews and decided that you can write reviews of the same quality. Only then can you show that you can by providing good sample reviews that are at least 300 words long to show this. On their website, you can see a few of their reviews.

Regarding their reviews and "beyond the book" articles, BookBrowse reviews books for young adults as well as adult fiction and nonfiction. They look for books that not only make reading enjoyable and feature compelling characters and plots, but also leave readers with new insights into the world. For each book they review, reviewers also write an "beyond the book" article.

Frequency of reviews and compensation Reviewers receive a modest payment and a byline for writing about one review per month for them.

Can you write a review for BookBrowse if you don't live in the United States?

BookBrowse, like their reviewers, are based in the United States. However, international reviewers are welcome. However, because they only work with American publishers, they rarely send printed copies to addresses outside of the United States. So, if you live elsewhere, only apply if you can and feel comfortable reading ebooks.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
That sounds like a great book review site to join and earn from. It is good for sure to reach their reviews first before starting to earn from them. Plus you need to be sure that you have the expertise that they are looking for. Otherwise, your work may not be accepted.

I am glad that they also accept international reviewers even if they are based in the US. Such sites usually only give opportunities to those residing in the US. But I think even though they allow worldwide writers, they will still want top notch writings just like those of native English speakers.

The books to review seems so interesting and a variety to choose from. Young adult contents are always so exciting and easy to review. Plus you get to choose whether to go for fiction or non fiction stories. Personally, I would go for fiction stories. Those are always so sweet.

Lastly, I don't have any problem reading ebooks. It is something that everyone should get used to them right now. Printed books are slowly loosing their demand as most people are going digital. So I can be so comfortable reading an ebook and reviewing it.

Etini

Valued Contributor
I won't advise anyone that is not based in the US to try this site. There are huge indications that it would not work. They already made a significant statement on their site. I think that is why it is not as popular online like online book club and kirkus media. That's because these two sites allow people from other countries to participate on their site as far as you can write.

The funny thing is that Americans are not into this book reviews of a thing. They see it as a waste of time and boring. I have an American friend who says he can't spend his time doing book reviews. That it is drab. I believe one day, all these platforms would be available globally. Globalization is a powerful force. My advice is don't bother joining this site if you are not an American. It would likely not work out.