Can Breathing Deeper Have Good Effects On Health?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Breathing is considering one of the most crucial things. If you cannot breathe, then you cannot live. It is that simple! Our respiratory system was built by Allah Almighty so that we could breathe and this process could help us to transfer oxygen to the body organs that require oxygen to survive. If we do not get air, we would die within a few minutes. However, the process of proper breathing is not that simple. There are various people who tend to breathe the wrong way. For example, certain sitting postures could hinder you from breathing properly.

This is why there are many people who believe that breathing in a deep manner could bring health benefits and this is why many people emphasize a lot on deep breathing during meditation practices. I have myself tried breathing deeply and I could instantly feel its effects on my body. I think that breathing deeply could improve blood circulation because when I practiced deep breathing, I felt an increase in blood flow in my skull and head. I think this could also help to deal with depression and also increase focus. So, have you also experienced the same thing? What are some other benefits of deep breathing on human body?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When I was in quarantine for a suspected covid contamination there was a doctor who checked every morning on the occupants of the quarantine facility. Since I did not have symptoms my only issue is the oxygen level which was 95 and sometimes 94. The doctor taught me an exercise for my lungs. Inhale and then hold the air for 5 seconds but better if you can hold it for 10 seconds. I tried it as part of my morning exercise. When the doctor came by 10 am my oxygen level was up to 96 and every day it got higher.

The exercise is to force the lungs to work on the air that you withhold. I do that breathing exercise 10 times although I get to breath in between the withholding as a short rest for my lungs. Now I still do that breathing exercise because that can help me fight off potential lung problems.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Breathing deeply will have positive effects on your body. There is a simple science behind this. When you breathe deep, you will inhale more oxygen. When you inhale more oxygen, your heart and brain will get more oxygen, thus your heart and brain will function better. Your body needs to have at least 90 percent oxygen saturation level, if your oxygen saturation level drops below 90, you can start breathing deeply and you will find your oxygen saturation level improving within 5 minutes. However, you need to make sure that you breathe quality air. If the air you breathe contain toxins, breathing deep will harm you.