Health Insurance Can Health Insurance Cover Eye Surgery?

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Eyes are one of the delicate organs in the body system of humans. Without eyes no one can see. this is the reason why it is very important to always protect our eyes and take good care of them.

The doctors that deal with the eyes recommend that we should always eat foods that contains Vitamin A and this nutrient helps to improve our vision.

I was fortunate to be at a place last week where doctors are treating people of the cataracts of the eyes free of charge.

There are some people they give free drugs while some other people who are required to undergo a eye surgery which requires some money.

I want to ask that can health insurance cover for eye surgery of a client?

Jamoflondon

Verified member
Normally under health insurance I strongly believe there are a specified policy plan set aside for eye surgery. Insurers intentionally do these things to make more profits for them. In their defense, they call it business strategy of which I think all should be covered by one insurance policy. Well it’s a matter of choice for an individual to choose

Chibson

VIP Contributor
some of the health Insurance I know covers an eye surgery but there are some that will not cover it, depending on the kind of company you do the insurance with. If I personally want to do health insurance, I think I will make it cover so many health aspect.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Insurance companies have difference health polices. And just like the hospital too has different sections for special illness or ailments. If the cataract has been there before the insurance agreement, there may be need for the insurance company to cover the ailment but if not, it depends on the agreement between the two parties.

Phabbyfundz

This is a matter based on agreement and the terms of contract clearly stated in the memorandum of the insurance plan or policy you may wish to purchase. I would like to state that before you go ahead with purchasing any insurance plan or policy with any company you should first come to proper understanding of the terms binding the contract to avoid further frustrations.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
To be blunt while answering the question, health insurance covers everything that has to do with health. Even if it is headache but the problem is that it may not cover anything that happens after the surgery. The health insurance will pay for the surgery for the eye because it is covered by it.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
I think health insurance surely would cover such because health insurance covers every part of your body ,so I think eye surgery and other medical needs shouldn't be exempted from the insurance coverage as time goes on it think , , except you insure a particular part with I don't think there is insurance for such

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
Health insurance normally are really bought mostly by people due to the high cost of surgery. So this is the usual reason everyone buys it. So definitely if your policy covers it, it will surely take responsibility for it but it should not be taken advantage of because people do this a lot