Career woman or business woman

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I was engaging with my uncle yesterday when he made the assertion that he can nver marry a career woman. I tried ti ask for his views why he said that a career woman doesn't really have time for the family especially the children. He said he cannot afford to be going out everyday to be eating outside after he has married.
Although I tried to win him that nothing bad of a woman is working as well as her husband, I told him that the woman is just acting as a supportive but he rejected and flawed all my claims saying women are not really meant to be a career person. He said that they can only function well as a business person.
Is he right or I am the one that didnt put my argument right?

Nii41

In the society, a career woman has more respect and value, because this shows her smartness and independence. Most men really don't value housewives. Although it is difficult for a career woman to combine work and family especially when kids are involved, which leads to frustration due to her inability to combine the two. This is when a business woman comes in, as she runs her business, she is her own boss and in control of everything, giving her the opportunity to have more time for her family.

Peppul

Well your uncle just gave a lame excuse by saying he can not be eating outside because of a career woman, who told him that even a business woman can't make him eat out. For me both are good in their own ways, for a career woman that works in a firm, although when there is a baby involved after her maternity leave she can always hire a nanny to help take care of the baby while she goes to work because she can't take the baby to work, and for the business woman this aspect will be easy because its her business so she can always bring along the baby. For the business woman she can always schedule her time anyhow she want because she is her own boss while the career woman can't do that because she answers to someone.

Ahmedo24

Verified member
In reality it would be the best for a woman to be a business woman than a carrier woman though the situation depends on the nature of work and business the woman engages on as there are businesses that even takes more time of a woman than even a working class woman.
It very important for a woman to have time for the family because upbringing of kids is time consuming and sensitive period. If she begin with doing business that will take less of her time will be better then children are grown she can pursue her Carrier.

Ephy

Not sure but I will support your uncle he has a point. Normally most of career people or employed people are ever busy in that they always do their best to please their bosses. Some even go for overtime without increase in salary but they work tirelessly forgetting that family too needs their time. But this is very much different when one is a business owner she does everything at her free will but her workers will always work for her creating enough time to spend with their family. When she is a business owner here she'll have less time at the work and spend more time with her family hence help in upbringing of the family more so the children and always there when her husband needs her. Therefore business is better compared to a career or employment.

Ummigal

It all boils down to the kind of job she is doing. For instance, a woman who owns a school is a career woman, her children are her students also. Therefore she's is always in touch with them and she also comes back home early to prepare her husband's food and wait for his return. Compare this to a woman who is a banker, she comes back late. There is nothing wrong being a career woman, planning is key. A woman can also work at home. There are many work-at-home jobs.

IamDozzy

There is nothing bad in marrying either a career woman or a business woman. The basic thing that your uncle should consider is mutual respect and agreement. Once your uncle and his potential woman respect and agree on certain issues such as; who cooks, who does the dishes, who pays the bills etc. then be it a career woman or a business woman, he is good to go. Don't forget, the basic thing he should look out for in woman is her character not her occupation.

Heartstrings

Personally I prefer a business woman,your uncle is kind of right,some women don't have time for their husbands and children again, just because they are Making money.. it is very good for a woman to have a source of income, because it gives more respect and protect her dignity but then do not make it your topmost priority while your children don't get the best home training they are supposed to have,try to balance things so that your family won't have a reason to complain or distance their self from you. We know it isn't easy to combine work and home responsibilities.

Business is more preferable to me, because with this,she has control of her affairs and time,she can always have time to cook for her husband and children and spend some family time with them,a career woman who is always busy 247 will have herself to blame if at all she loses the affection and love of her husband/children,we are all humans afterall.