Do members of this forum live in their own house or rented house?

niche

Verified member
Do members of this forum live in their own house, owned by them or their family members or rented house? If they live in a rented house, is there any reason why they have not purchased their house? For example, some people are living in rented houses, because they have transferrable jobs . How much rent do you pay for the rented house and how did you find the rented house? Did you use the services of a broker? For what duration of time have you rented the house and how much deposit did you pay the landlord?

As for me, I stayed in a rented house, it is really not easy to buy or build a house in this hard economy I tell you. It's a 2 bedroom flat with 3 toilets and bathrooms, store, kitchen, dining and a living room and it cost 200,000. Thou there is no water and I find it hard to get water at this dude during dry seasons. The borehole is always filled up,reason why I am planning moving out this year or next year. Thou to a rented house,but far more better than this,water is in the house and every other things are available. I find this present rented house through a friend and I have been living here for the past 5 years now.

No one love to hop from one rented house to another but the economy is really bad and some landlords are not really helping matters. We pray for more source of income so we can able to buy or build our own house.

I live in a rented apartment, and I have no intention of buying my own house. Well, real estate property is usually considered a safe investment, however, in my opinion, a house is not an asset but a liability and I always try to avoid putting my money in liabilities. When you want t buy a house and when you do not have money to pay in full, you will have to get a loan. You first pay $20-30 K as a downpayment and $5-$10K every month as loan repayment for 20-25 years. Can you imagine, you should be paying off your loan installments along with interest on a loan for 20-25 years? This will come as a huge financial burden. investing in a house becomes profitable only when you plan to rent it out and collect rental income, however, when you are buying a house for yourself you cannot rent it out

The question you asked is a good question , most members of this forum are still living in their rented apartment because building a house and also buying one is not easy , you need a huge amount of money before you can get your own house nowadays and the peanuts we ara making online cannot be enough to build a house , before you can have a house of your own , you need to buy a land which is a huge amount of money and start developing it which also cost another fortune , so that's one of the major point why most member are still living in a rented apartment or a house built by their parents .
And secondly some people are still saving up money tonget themselves a house that they can call their own, and also the job some people are doing doesn't makes them stay in one place for too long , so they moves often .