Is holding expansive funerals for family members waste of money?

Etini

Valued Contributor
One of the things that people in some parts of the world spend money crazily on is funeral celebrations. It is so especially for someone that has lived a good old age and has made some significant achievements in life.

Some families go ahead to raise amount of funds that they have never raised before to host an expensive funeral service for their loved ones. Some families I know sell assets like lands to use the funds and host what they call a befitting funeral to their family member.

I still think it is only okay to hold the supposed expansive befitting burial if the family can absolutely afford it. If they can't, a modest funeral celebrations is okay.

What do you think? Is an expansive funeral celebration a mark of honour to the dead?

Holicent

VIP Contributor
I think there's nothing bad in having befitting burial especially of such person is a dignitary or old and have so many grandchildren or made so much impact on the lives of family and friends, but it will be a waste of money in a case where the family are not wealthy and have to go as far as borrowing or spending their lives savings just as to throw a loud party. This is not reasonable at all, I know so many are guilty of this act bit I still don't know why they do it.