Do You Prefer Working For Yourself Or You Prefer Calling Someone Boss?

Rachael

Verified member
In making money both offline and online, we all have preferences to either working for someone or being self-employed but at times, challenging factors or limitations impede the realization of our preferences. There are individuals who prefer being self-employed no matter the challenges and low customers they have while others despite their expertise and skills still prefers to work for a superior and this connects to individual preferences and I cannot say that one choice is superior to the other or vice versa. Personally, I always dream virtually everyday of becoming self-employed both online and offline but the barrier is limited financial resources and quality time. What is your stance on this matter?

Funkegamb

I prefer working for my self cause I see working for someone else as an engima to my morale and I sometimes sense it as the biggest paradox of my life .. we worked hard to make someone’s dream come through and in the end what do you get ?

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I know there are a lot of individual who prefer to be self-employed but that does not mean that if there is an opportunity for them to work for people to raise money that they won't do it .

A lot of people are really interested in any employment that can really help them to get some money for themself at least to start up their dream business because there is no how you can be self-employed when you don't have the necessary money and the requirement to start up .

Everybody do not really like the act of becoming an employee but most times is occasions that demands it . Generally everybody believe that working an employee seems to be like a slave but no matter how we may try there will always be a time in our life that we have to work under people that is more advanced than us in terms of knowledge and understanding about a particular area of business or the other.

And beside it is not really easy for people to start up their dream business because if it was really easy as most people believes , there would have been no employees available .

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Personally, I prefer to work for myself because I can't negotiate my freedom with anybody at least in the long term.

This solely depends on a person's ability to stick to his plan, some people prefer to be employees till they retired because of different reasons.

I think to each his own but it's very obvious that those that go through the entrepreneurship have it better at the end because of the freedom that it offers.

We also have entrepreneurs that make just enough to pay the bills and get going, these set of entrepreneurs are better off working a job, because their business may never break even talk less of being profitable, so it all depends on the type of 'working for your self you're indulged in'

If one wants to create wealth for himself he should look out for solutions he can offer that is scalable for example an online business is easily scalable and can be location independent because of that you can offer the service to anyone in the world, these are the type of business one should be looking at.

Entrepreneurship is hard that's why other people that's why other people decide to work for others.

Moni

I think no one prefer to called someone but that is what the person has got. Actually, I don't work for someone so I don't know how to call someone boss.

I mean I'm boss of my own and I think I'm lucky for that although I'm not trying to say those who work under someone is bad. At times they also feel good but at the same time too some bosses treat their employees bad.

But in all we all get money too but most people will prefer to work on their own rater than to be under someone or to call someone boss.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Though many people all prefer being and entrepreneur and be there own boss . But I think its depend on the condition one may find him or herself. Most if the time when there is no money then there is nothing one could do than to accept it just like that until when one is more buoyant to start he s or her own business because without capital it will be very hard hard o accomplish any thing at all.
But I will also like to be on my own as a boss because it will help me to be independent.

Finger Geek

Verified member
Who will like to always work under someone and be calling the person boss? We all wants to be boss of ourselves. There was a time that I was working in a place. Though the salary was ok. But I got tired of waking up early every day for work and also got tired of calling someone boss and been send around by seniors.
So I decided one day that I will quit the job and learn a profession. And thank God I carried out the plan and I was successful. Now I have a skill that earn money without working under any boss. And I also have free time to myself. I can wake up any time I like. No one is sending me an errand.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Of course, almost everyone would want to work for him or herself. But I don't really see working for someone else as a bad thing because that will give you a lot of exposure and experience to start your own business. there have been a lot of people who started their own business successfully because they were able to work for other people and learn from their experience. that you are working for another person today does not mean that you will not own your business tomorrow. It is all about your mindset and your determination to succeed in business. But I have come across a lot of people who prefer working for other people and getting paid on monthly basis other than starting their own businesses. This is just a personal preference for those people and of course they derive joy in doing that. So it is all about doing what gives you joy, if you're comfortable working for other people and getting paid on monthly basis then you should go ahead and do that but if you're not comfortable with that you should try and raise money and start your own business. Starting your own business comes with a lot of benefit in the sense that you are your own boss.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Hardly everybody needs to be his or her boss and stop being working and responsible for someone else, the fact is that working for people do not really make one a subservient or a slave.

People should know that there are times that we need to work for people just to raise fund for our intending or dream business and also to have some needed skills for the intending business.

Not only those reasons people work with people but also to stop wasting time. There are some people that have not been able to start their dream job and need to work for sometime before starting.

Personally, I do prefer working for people to raise fund before I start my own business. We need to serve before we are served most time.

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
In making money both offline and online, we all have preferences to either working for someone or being self-employed but at times, challenging factors or limitations impede the realization of our preferences. There are individuals who prefer being self-employed no matter the challenges and low customers they have while others despite their expertise and skills still prefers to work for a superior and this connects to individual preferences and I cannot say that one choice is superior to the other or vice versa. Personally, I always dream virtually everyday of becoming self-employed both online and offline but the barrier is limited financial resources and quality time. What is your stance on this matter?
Hi Rachael. Nice to meet you. Thank you very much for your interesting thread and for your time. I like the topic you chose. I am sure that many people here on Trendri will like it as well.

It is true that today more and more people are interested in working online rather than offline. The main reason, I think, is that online jobs are easier and less stressful than offline jobs because with online jobs you work in the comfort of your own house without any boss over your head checking your work, making remarks and complaining all the time. It is great to work without a boss!

As far as I am concerned, I prefer being self-employed because I am more relaxed and I have no stress when there is no boss. In the past, I used to work for someone and this fact caused me a lot of stress, so I decided to leave my job in order to protect my health. I know that being self-employed is not always easy. There are challenges and risks but my freedom and health are not negotiable for me anymore.

I believe that most people prefer being self-employed nowadays. It does not matter if they work online or offline. They just want to work without a boss. It is wonderful to have flexible working hours and arrange your daily schedule as you wish. Freedom is the best gift for all people around the world.

Wiserr

Well for me I'll say it depends on the kind of person you are, if you are the type of person that always have enough money I don't see any point for working under someone, but if you are someone like me that doesn't have any options but to do the needful, it depends on the kind of person you are and also is you can decide to work under someone and you can decide not to, but for me I try to work no matter how hard is it to earn money, I can choose the both of them.

Kendy

Verified member
Ultimately, I have always dreamed of becoming self-employed but since the vision is yet to come to reality, I am still working under a superior and even though, I cannot just jump into becoming self-employed without first learning the necessary experiences in my area of interest. I first of all need to know everything that would help or be of benefit to me in the long run. Becoming self-employed is not just a day's job, this requires a whole lot of; persistence, motivation, endurance and active leadership. I do not think that it is the dream of everyone to become self-employed, some people will prefer to remain under the custody of a superior till they retire and this is their choice and passion because of course, not everyone in the planet can be self-employed, this will cause a catastrophy to the economy. The main reason I want to be self-employed is to try out new things and also correct and solve the many abnormalities in the school system. I envision each day to own a reputable citadel of learning where good morals and values would be inculcated in the students, teaching and non-teaching staff and this would help them make a remarkable difference in the world at large.

Bagondwe7

I prefer to be my own boss and manage my own affairs. I've worked under someone for some time and have recently started working alone. I can clearly see the difference. I have more freedom now to do what I dreamed about. I think am exploring more horizons now than ever because I am always looking for better ways of improving my business.

funmi

Verified member
I think every one at some point will love to be addressed as a boss, but this does not come cheaply as one must have to the pay the price of working under some one as an apprentice for sometime or save someone for something. Infact the learning process is where one must have concentrated a lot before going mounting the seat of leadership. Without doing this it will be difficult to handle the mantle of leadership or becoming your own boss.

This is how it is because to become a leader or a boss you must have been a follower to someone or served somewhere. But quite sadly the youths of today are not ready to serve and work before thinking about mounting the seat of leadership, hence we have people looking for short cut to get to the seat of control and they just want people to address them as boss without working very hard.

They look out for ways to scam others and get all manner of ill wealth in the society, they perpetrate all forms of online and offline scams in order to gather wealth illegally so that people will address them as big. They are been lazy.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I have always wanted to be my own boss in my life. I have always hated working for other people because of many reasons,. first of all, I majority of the so-called "Bosses" at work always disrespect you or expect more and more from you. I have been to many workplaces where I was interviewed and I felt that they never viewed me as human being. I have had a job at a company and they always expected much more than I could perform and work. Even if I performed greatly at some day, they would criticize me for performing bad the other day. The second problem with working for someone else is that you have to work on their terms and you may never have any sort of freedom.

This is why I believe that having your own business or working on your own as a freelancer is the true freedom. You never get dictated by any other person. You dictate yourself and create rules for yourself. I believe that a person who follows this lifestyle becomes a much better leader who can lead himself in life and make the right kind of decisions. This is why I prefer working for myself and I love being my own boss at any time.

E

eldavis

Personally I prefer working for myself and being my own boss, this would let me run things the way I want too and as well have time for myself. But what most persons fail to understand is that those people we call boss today once called others boss. Like is a stage, to get to where we want to be, there are certain things we need to learn and in most cases the best way to learn is by being under someone.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
If I have all the power with me I am going to establish a successful business for myself. I like to be my own boss so that I will do things my way.

It is a dream of everyone to work for themselves but the situation of the country make most people to work under someone to earn salary.

Majority of Us finding ourselves doing salary work do not have choice at present that one for paycheck to keep fuel in the stomach.

I was in a meeting this afternoon in my workplace and we were talking about different things. I was asked how I am doing with my jobs and I told them that I employ modern technology to make things easier for me.

To my surprise the management reject the improvement I brought into myself and insist on doing things the old way.

The funniest part is that we have attended a seminar in which we were taught to use modern technology to carry out our jobs.

Something like this cannot occur if it happens that I am working for myself. I don't have any other choice than to comply to the rules in the workplace. That will meant I have it in mind that I am going to establish my own business so.

Yhubee

Well,for me I don't mind calling someone else boss as far as the working environment is conducive and my pay is a good one. I would love to have my own business but first I need to save up to have enough money which I can use to start up my own business. As far as my working environment is convenient and I am paid well and on time ,I don't mind working under someone.
I have heard some people say they can never work under someone and the went ahead in a rush to make drastic decisions of getting loans to start their own business, without learning the pros and cons and being able to devise the best strategies in their business to make them successful. They ended up incurring more and more losses and couldn't meet up . They still had to borrow to pay back the loans and remained in debt.
Starting up a business requires adequate planning an it is not something that should be rushed to avoid a collapse..
With an aim of having my own business, I would continue to work under someone until I have been able to save up enough to help me start and fund my own business.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
To be honest, this is trickery more than it seems. There are many people that may be tempted to choose working for themselves at the expense of working for others. Unfortunately, some don't even know the rudiments of working for themselves. They don't know the sacrifices that need to be taken before this can be achieved.

Working for oneself may be limited by capital whereas working for someone doesn't require much as you will get paid for what you work for. Though in some rare cases, there may be issue of salary delay or unpaid salary.