Do you support getting phone from easy buy loan?

WATFORD

Valued Contributor
Smartphone makes life easier, especially for teenagers like us. So many teenagers toil very hard for people in order to make money so that they will get their own smartphone.

I want to talk about buying smartphone using easy buy loan.

What is easy buy? I can define this as a process or means which you get a smartphone paying 30% of the phone you want to buy. I don't know about other countries but he in Nigeria we do such things.

Let's say you want to buy a phone of 100,000 naira, you need to deposit 30,000 naira and get the phone, then you will fill the necessary information required from you and also the duration you'll use to balance up your payment, it's always 6 months duration.

To be honest, I personally do not support this means of getting a smartphone. Why do I say so? Because the interest you pay back will be huge, and if mistakenly you lost the phone you have no option than to continue paying the interest till it's complete.

I have a friend of mine that bought a phone from easy buy, he paid for 3 months or so, on his way back from work, he lost the phone. He had no alternative than to complete his three months payments without having the phone at last, it's funny at times.

What am trying to say here is that I don't support any teenager getting smartphone or any gadgets from easy buy loan, we should always try to avoid debts and unnecessary interests.