Dos and Don’s of Social Media Marketing

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you are marketing on social media, you should strictly follow these dos and don’ts.

Dos

Build trust: Whether you want to build connections, generate leads, drive traffic, or generate sales, the most important thing you need to consider is to build trust with your audience, followers, and potential customers.

Offer value: Do not offer low-value content, products, and services to your followers. No matter what you are sharing among your followers, it should provide value.

Don’ts

Don’t promote dubious products: If you smell rats, you should strictly avoid promoting such products. Avoid marketing scam services.

Don’t always sell: While the primary purpose of social media marketing is to generate sales, you should avoid selling too much. If you are only selling and if you are not providing valuable content, people will stop following you and you will eventually lose your audience.

Your social media campaign will become successful and you will generate traffic and sales only when you follow these rules.

Shaf

Verified member
One of the most prominent mistakes people make when promoting and selling something online is that they always lead with a pitch, not with value. If all you say is "Buy my product/service" all the time, people will get tired of you and 95% of the time, won't buy what you have.

It also helps to be as honest as possible. Avoid any hidden charges or conditions. No matter how much you think it is, someone will be willing to pay for it just to get rid of their problems.

Patience is the real deal too when you want to promote online, whether it's free or paid. When I was using Facebook ads, I thought I would get results fast, but it's well known that people will interact with your ad many times before buying. This can even take up to three or six months when you are using free marketing strategies.