Dos and Don’ts of Creating Successful Sponsored Content

Mika

VIP Contributor
Sponsored posts are a good way to generate revenue on your website. Sponsored post means you publish an article, a video, an infographic, etc. on your site for money. Normally, you promote a product or service on your sponsored posts. You may also market a brand through sponsored posts.

You get to publish sponsored posts only when you have an authority site, rank high on a search engine and get tons of traffic. If you meet these criteria, you might be already receiving sponsored content offers from individuals and businesses.

If you are publishing sponsored content, here are the dos and don’ts of creating successful sponsored content:

Dos

Try to offer value with your content.

Do a lot of research on the product and service you are promoting, make sure it is not a scam offer.

Write n engaging content, add relevant graphics, media, etc. so that your readers will continue to read even when they know it is sponsored content.

Don’ts

Do not try to sell the product or service on the first line or first paragraph.

Do not hide the fact that your content is sponsored

Do not promote misleading products and services even if you might be receiving a good offer.

Do not use misleading hashtags, categories, tags, titles, etc.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I do sponsored posts on my site. Since I am receiving money to publish the post, I try to be sincere to my advertisers. I will only highlight the positive side, I will not speak of negative side. Having said that, I do not try to sound too promotional. I do not talk about things that are not true. Likewise, I also want to sound true to my readers because my readers are the ones who help me generate income from my site. Therefore, I always mention the post is sponsored. I always add a disclaimer with my sponsored post.