How did you cope with abusive boss

Olajidey

Sometimes at the workplace, we face many challenges one of the challenges we face at the workplace is having an abusive boss. This kind of boss are just mean to their employee and very strict to their employee, that they never appreciate the little and most effort the employee is doing even after overworking themselves. They are not pleased by your effort and hard work they will always find a way to complain that you don't know how to do things perfectly.
What did you think is the best way for someone to handle this issue of this abusive and strict boss.

Last edited:

eojo2401

Abusive boss is better than wicked boss. When you have an abusive boss, just know that he or she is human being and every human being has there own bad sides. Accept her character in good faith, focus on working with him or her with loyalty and humility, one he or she will come back to his or her senses and stop abusing people.

Godslamp

A bully is unlikely to change their behavior, so your first option is to work to change yours. Instead of focusing on the boss who is trying to intimidate you, focus only on the details and tasks of your role. You have direct control over your performance, so make sure you are focused on the right thing, which is your job not your boss.

Godslamp

The more emotional power you give your toxic boss, the more your boss will focus on you as a target. A bully is more interested in reading your vibe than analyzing your performance. If your boss never gets your eye contact he/she never gets the invitation to come into your emotional space. When you focus solely on the tasks of your role you stop giving off the vibe of fear and anxiety over gaining approval from your boss.

springtech

Sometimes at the workplace, we face many challenges one of the challenges we face at the workplace is having an abusive boss. This kind of boss are just mean to their employee and very strict to their employee, that they never appreciate the little and most effort the employee is doing even after overworking themselves. They are not pleased by your effort and hard work they will always find a way to complain that you don't know how to do things perfectly.
What did you think is the best way for someone to handle this issue of this abusive and strict boss.
Some times last year my company organized a training for all employees, it was all about work place Harrassment. We were made to understand that no employer or boss or colleague has the right to harass anyone. Abuse is synonymous to harassment, no one under any guise is permitted to harass any staff member.
If you have any abusive boss, it's simple, report such a fellow to his hierarchy or to the management.
It is morally wrong to abuse your colleague, subordinate or employee. So wrong.

IamDozzy

I just made sure I didn't cross my boundary with the said abusive boss. I always tried to keep things professional and carried out my tasks and submitted my assignments as at when due. The best way to handle an abusive boss is by first of all knowing your personality traits. Once you know which personality traits you belong too you will then know the strategy to which you will use in following your boss.

Timison

Damaging manager is superior to devilish chief. At the point when you have a damaging chief, simply realize that the individual in question is person and each person has there own terrible sides. Acknowledge her character in accordance with some basic honesty, center around working with the person in question with devotion and lowliness, one the individual will return to their faculties and quit mishandling individuals.

Adetayo100

Abusive boss is the worst kind of boss anyone can have because it often makes you lose confidence in your abilities to perform your duties in your work diligently and effectively, Abusive boss does not want you to grow at the place of your work, i have experienced it in the past and it wasn't a funny experience at all my advice is to leave the job and look for alternatives elsewhere.

Dorcey

Some bosses are not some people's challenge it might be a colleague of theirs trying to act like they knows all, but as for the abusive boss the best way to cope is not to talk back or try to abuse them back some boss abuse their employees not because they are wicked and some do abuse out of being too strict and harsh to there employees.

Daykas

Abusive boss is better than wicked boss. When you have an abusive boss, just know that he or she is human being and every human being has there own bad sides. Accept her character in good faith, focus on working with him or her with loyalty and humility, one he or she will come back to his or her senses and stop abusing people.
Coping with an abusive boss is quite easier than when you are to deal with a boss with nonchalant attitude.
Once you and your abusive boss get close to each other,you will know there are things you must not do so has to avoid his abusive word. Most of them are even friendly sometimes.
Though for me,I can live or cope with another body as long has am getting my proper pay

Maphalle

There's nothing frustrating like having a bully supervisor or boss. But in my case I had to study and master her temperament. In that way I was able to handle her and she ended up confessing that I suffer from others as I could not allow her to toss and turn me around

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
In my last formal job the owner of the company is our president who is not really abusive but so strict as he wanted to punish employees who make small mistakes. I had no problem with him because I was always on my toes but some others have resigned due to the pressure that they have felt when they are punished by shaming to everyone on their mistake.

Planet408

There are some bosses that can belittle you, riddicle you and commonize your efforts just to make you feel that your value in the company is infinitesimal. Well, you don't just resign immediately without securing another job. Such attitudes can only make me to strategize well and resign.

Setfragil

For you to cope with an abusive boss, you to need to first understand those reasons that makes him to be abusive. He is a human he cannot just be abusive without first getting angry, so you need to understand or look out for things that can easily get him angry and start to abusing you. If your boss doesn't like you're sleeping at work, eating at work or talking you should make sure to avoid sosomethings like that in his or her presence.

Samuel72

Verified member
according to my own point of view as well as small business man I know that majority of the boss over here in Nigeria abusive and if you are an employee under an abusive boss I suggest you will work with patients because patient is the key to success sometimes we just have to endure so we can continue workings. And also when working with an abusive boss. if you try and go according to the rules and regulation of the organisation to avoidif you try and go according to the rules and regulation of the organisation to avoid insects

Setfragil

Many employers use the high rate of unemployment in the country to abuse their employees anyhow they so wish since they understand that getting another job will not be easy for their employees and they can replace them immediately they leave the job. I once had an experience with an abuse boss when I was working with a fast food restaurant, she will not only abuse you but also curse your parents without any wrong doing from you, I worked with her for 3months then I resigned.