How Different is Influencer Marketing From Social Media Marketing

Mika

VIP Contributor
Influencer marketing is a marketing method where people with a large fan following on various social sites will promote your content, products, and business. Influencer marketing is very effective because the influencer marketers have a genuine fan following and their followers genuinely believe what they promote.

Social media marketing is a digital marketing method that involves promoting your products or businesses n various social sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. You can use paid or free marketing methods on social media.

Since influencer marketing is done on social media, influencer marketing is also social media marketing in some way. There are a lot of marketing methods available for social media channels and influencer marketing is one of them. The only difference is how you market the products and business.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
My understanding of Influencer marketing is by using an Influencer to endorse the business. An Instagram Influencer has 10,000 or more followers which constitutes his own audience. He can earn good money by posting a picture of a product that he is holding. In social media the marketing is usually done by posting the spiel on the timeline.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I have worked with influencers on Twitter, Instagram and facebook. By paying these influencers, I have not only managed to sell products and services but also received large traffic on my website. If you are an influencer, you can make money, if you are a freelancer or a business owner, you can hire influencers to market your services and products.

D

Deleted member 51169

Social influencers are embedded in social media marketing. It is unfortunate that most influencers have lead their followers astray, by promoting promotes or ideas they don't believe in, just because they are being paid for such.
I will prefer the digital marketing cum advertising, where I know that the decision to buy a product solely lies on me and where I know I can sue an agency for promoting or giving fake information about a product. Not some sort of influencers who are not legally liable to such crime.

Phabbyfundz

In my opinion i would say that they have similar benefits and are both operated on the same platform which is known as the social media and are both done online. Advertising online or online market sometimes need proper awareness to be created and this can be done if you hire the services of online influencers.

willwang

For these two different methods, I personally prefer to use influencer markets. But I will first look at the degree of interaction between the influencer and the fans. If an influencer only has a number of fans and no real interaction. Then I will carefully consider whether I will cooperate with it. Because there are many fake fans, and these fake fans can't really achieve the purpose of converting sales.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Social media marketing implies using social media platform to advertise and market a product or businesses. Social media marketing use the methods like running ads on the social platform, building followers and promoting through your social pages, or hiring an influencer and asking him to promote your products and services to his followers.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Influencer marketing is mainly about hiring an influencer and asking him to talk about your products and services to his followers, or promoting to your own social followers if you have a huge following. Social media marketing includes running ads on social media as well as promoting through influences or to your own followers.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
You can use influencer marketing in two ways, one you become an influencer and make money by marketing products and business, two you hire an influencer and promote your products and services. I am an influencer and make money by promoting and marketing products and services. You need huge following to become an influencer.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Since I am not an influencer, the only way I can use influencer marketing is by hiring an influencer. Actually, I have worked with a couple of influencers and I have really benefitted from influencer marketing. However, a lot of so-called influencers build following by buying followers, therefore, you can be cheated.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Becoming an influencer is not something like killing a mammoth. If you are a good content creator (videos, infographics, images, short posts, etc.), you can easily become an influencer. You can also use advertising to build your followers and engagements. However, you should never resort to buying followers and engagements.

D

Deleted member 13140

yeah i think both are kind of the same, i mean it's all done on social media, and both are personal brands right? It's the same. well not 100% but in the general they are the same but a few things will separate them like
influencers necessarily don't have a niche, honestly how do influencers even grow without having a specific niche unless am really wrong about it, i think am wrong.
social media marketers have a niche and that's why they target a specific audience, and that's why they grow, another difference is that as an influencer you might earn from having a physical product or just promoting other peoples product but as a social media marketer you definitely should have either physical product or digital

Mika

VIP Contributor
Becoming an influencer is not something like killing a mammoth. If you are a good content creator (videos, infographics, images, short posts, etc.), you can easily become an influencer. You can also use advertising to build your followers and engagements. However, you should never resort to buying followers and engagements.
You make an interesting point. You need to be a good content creator to become an influencer. While celebrities already have a huge fan following in the real world, it is easier for them to become an influencer on social sites, for common people the only way to become a social hit is by creating useful and interesting content.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
If you want to build fan following on social media, you need to create videos and share on your social accounts. Audio-visual content gets better traction than image-based or text-based content. You can also create infographics instead of just sharing information. People like to see information rather than read information.