How to ask for a pay raise at your current Job

Holicent

VIP Contributor
If you're self-employed or in a job where you don't get a regular salary, getting a pay raise can be a little tricky. Here are some steps to help you figure out how to ask First, consider the best time to ask. Is it part of your annual performance review? Is there some sort of financial incentive that comes with your job? Can you request more money by working more hours or achieving certain benchmarks? If your company has an open door policy, this is a good time to bring up the subject. You may even want to start off with general questions like "What's the standard salary range?" or "What would it take for me to get a raise at my performance review?"

But you must make sure you’re ready. Have you just hit a personal or work milestone that merits advancement? Is there a promotion in the near future at your company? Do you have evidence of recent performance-based rewards, such as awards or commendations? Then you can go ahead with the request.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Did you know that in most working organization, salary is fixed? You can't ask to work more than what you're assigned to do, because your work is fixed on a weekly or monthly salary stipend. Unless you never agreed upon that, or signed agreement with the owner of the company. Their are some too, you take up additional jobs in order to boost your salary. And again, it depends on your input, which will enable your employer to grant your request. It is very viable in the private schools, where you can take up additional tasks, maybe teach the students extra moral classes and you take extra pay from it. In the tertiary institutions their are lecturers who go for auxiliary lecturing, they go from University to another and perform lectures and get paid for it. Here online, who have surplus options to earn money with your time, in fact is the best when it comes to taking up plenty tasks without feeling the heat. Like me, I do plenty of assignments with my phone, putting tabs ON just to be engage with multiple of them, in order to earn up to some amount to enable me pay my bills.

Ajebo25

Verified member
I thinking was jobs seller really is fixed so you can just go over the manager and tell him that's you want your salary to be raised I don't think that possible because if you're working in a company the salary there would have been fixed so you can't request for an increment in salary because it can make the company to close doen due to th fact that its expenditure will be more that income which cam lesd to bsd debt id the company is making at least a little money every month frkm its productions meaning your slalry will still come in from what the company is making if you decide to request for your salary to be increased only your salary can't be increase.

Meaning they will have to increase the salaries of everybody in the that company which means more work as in the production which that company produces before will have to double meaning did company will have to make more profits in other to be able to keep up with dinner increments and salary if not they company might go bankrupt and decide to shut down meaning you will have to lose your job so salary depends on the kind of production which a company produces and how much profit its makes the more the salary the more the production.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
When one is due to have a pay rise it is good to bring to the management of a company. Apart from working to grow a company it is also good to grow ourselves while at it as well. A pay rise comes with a lot of good things for the employee, it can help one live better because more money means being able to afford things money can buy. It can even help one advance in life academically as you would be able to afford the money to run a course.

So in essence having a pay rise is good so one needs to ask if tye management are feigning ignorant or don't just remember. They following tips should be adopted.

First by checking with the right authority that you are due for a pay rise. if you are sure then you can write to the appropriate Dept especially the human resources and asked that they look into the issue of your pay rise
Secondly, you can meet personally with the manager to discuss the issue of your pay rise, you should first be sure you have been a good player in the workplace and deserve the pay rise. So you should let or remind the manager of it.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Most organisations have fixed salary and they review the salary over time. So there may not be room for raise in salary. But there are organisations that always have parleys with their workers. These kind of organizations do listen to their workers and hearken to them when they need increment in their salary.

But before there will be increment in salary, there must be some things in place. For instance, there should be proportional relationship with the works the workers do. For instance, organisations cannot just increase the salary of their works except there is increment in the work thr workers do ad well.

Majority of the organisations do not entertain union among their workers. They always ensure this so that they will be ruled by divide and rule. So people won't even have unionism when they want to ask for salary. I have worked in an organization that always increase some people salary at the expense of others. The manager did this for the people that closed to him.

The new organisation I am working with now always review salary based on the time frame. For instance, every two year, there will be increment in our salary. Most time they do give us incentives in replace of increment of salary.

Wiscash

You can discuss with your colleagues that have been raised in the business in the work in their salaries and also in the wages talk to them as the word the able to do so and more importantly try to learn to sew in a marching band deep respect and most importantly to we also need to speak with the manager who is also working with you in the same business and in the same company try to help him to see the usefulness of what you are going to put into play and also help me to see what you have put into Bible in the business and a company that you are working I must help me to understand that doing all this is because you are they the Giants in what you do and you're not today you'll be giving it a course that is more affordable than what you have this is what we need to do is how we need to do it for us to be able to have what you're looking at 4 remember the way the employees and the employers want us to have what we want in a way that shows that we are humbled and our tenants of uses of languages