How to deal with lazy and unmotivated business employees or staffs.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
It has never been easy for business owners , business employers , business managers and entrepreneurs to be able to run , facilitate , control , and manage their businesses coupled with the task and duty to coordinate and motivate their business employees , workers , or staffs . A business organisation employees or workers is considered to be the building machine that helps to achieve business goals and objectives thereby making profit and income as expected . When a business organisation employees , workers , or staffs are weak , sluggish , unwillingly , reluctant , and unmotivated toward the ability of handling assigned business goals and objectives search business organisation accommodating employees and workers of this kind will incur negative rather than positive returns and feedback .

As a business owner or as a business manager whose work , duty , and task is to manage and coordinate whatever activity goes on inside and outside the business organisation , should also make sure to motivate his employees and workers . Some employees tend to be sluggish and unwilling towards the act of handling assigned business goals and objective , as a result of their employer or boss not being grateful and thankful for the job they accomplish . What does choose to become unmotivated and sluggish as a result of their boss or employer showing some sort of negative behaviours and attitudes like being rude , wicked , and cruel toward them . Whatever the case maybe , you as the business owner and manager must find the key reason why your employees or workers are becoming sluggish and unmotivated . And you must endeavour to fix it , if you want to see your business reaching higher heights thereby flourishing .

Shaf

Verified member
It is never easy being an employer especially when you have to be the one to deal directly with staff. The act of managing resources is important if you want your business to thrive, but controlling people, human resources, is the hardest part of it all.

It's also the one that can help on making or breaking your business as it usually affects output and revenue. When you notice you have any problem here, you first need to figure out the source.

When I was working as an intern, I noticed that a lot of the staff came to work late. This was frustrating for the boss, but despite all efforts to change them, it did not work. I noticed that these people are simply following the example set by the boss. On most days, she came to work late, was harsh and rude and did not reward coming early.

Instead, coming to work early means you did everyone's work. This shows that appreciation of your staff's efforts too can go a long way to make people motivated to work hard.

Ajebo25

Verified member
To be an employer is not an easy task as you tend to work with people who piss you off sometimes the best way to deal with such people is by cutting out of their salary that will increase their work but sometimes try to talk to them talking works sometimes

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
In most cases the business owners and the managers are always the reason why a lot of employees in the business organisation are not happy.

Some managers are so rude with their employees, I do not see this as the best option because rudeness does not make your business to progress any further but it would increase the level of malice and anger between employees in a business organisation.

I do not really sees the need of rudeness but I just believe that all business owners should be flexible at least to promote healthy relationship between employees in the business organisation.

If an employee is just being sluggish because of one reason or the other unknown to you or maybe they are just too lazy to carry out there business responsibility then we need to find out the reason why they are doing so . If there is no appropriate reason then we know.

Some people are naturally lazy and as a result they might not likely take your business as anything as long as you're still paying them at the end of the month.

They are just interested in the money you are paying them , such employee shouldn't be available in a business organisation.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Being an employee of labour is nothing but a harculean task. It is not that easy to come by the employers that will satisfy all what a person needs to have. If one is not lazy, one may not have good human relationship skill. But the one that may affect the business most is being lazy or being non challlant at work.

There may be many reasons for an employer to be lazy. And the first step is to find the reason why an employee should be a lazy fellow. That's what to tackle first. There may be grudges between the employee and employer which may triggger the act. It may be because he doesn't pay well or he doesn't include the employee in the decision making.

If the first one is not in the bracket. Then the employee must be naturally lazy. To solve this, workers should be rewarded based on their output and not not the nature of the work. The hardworking workers should be given some incentives to motivate them and to encourage those that are lazy.

In contrast, the scope of the work may be too much for the employee. Some employers do overburden their employees for one reason or the other but most especially 5o maximize profit.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
A company that has lazy and unmotivated employees ends up facing so much trouble. This is because the productivity of the company will be so low. The employees are the ones who hold all the necessities of making a company achieve it's objectives. So if the company has lazy employees, production will be very sluggish.

That is why the employer or the company manager should be very keen in looking for strategies that enable the company to nature motivated and active employees. One way is by ensuring that at the beginning, they hire employees who are actually skilled and competent. Laziness usually comes from not having the right skills needed in the company.

Secondly, the manager should conduct functions such as team building exercises and parties that are meant to appreciate workers for the great work that they are doing. It is through such capacity building organizations that companies will nature competent employees.

Moreover, companies should provide regular training sessions that enables employees to gain some skills that they need and remember others that they may have forgotten. They should also encourage attendance of seminars and platforms that enable employees to gain new skills and share what they know iwth other employees.

E

eldavis

I think the best way to deal with them is to discipline them, I am working in a place where most of the workers prefer to be forced before they work. Once my boss is around, they act as if they are extremely hard working, but the moment he leaves the office, they start misbehaving. The best thing to do is cut down their salary. One of the most painful thing employees hate most is being paid half.

Kennysplash

Verified member
First of all try and find out the reason behind the laziness of your employees. You don't know, sometimes it might be because of the way they are treated or something they experience while working. Then it can also be that you as a boss are not doing much and you're not doing your best to motivate them to work harder.
Still it can be that it is in their nature to be lazy and nonchalant towards their work. So in that case make sure you call their attention to it and let them see the need to buckle up and put in their best. If it they still persists without any sign of improvement then you as the boss should give them query and also let off anyone that is not winning to work effectively

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Having at a point lazy and unmotivated employees might sometimes not be the fault of the job or the employers. it might just be about the employees.
emotional issues
An employee going through an emotional problem might just find everything about his or her life unmotivated including the job. So people are just emotional that a little issue can affect greatly other areas of their life. So when this kind of employees it might take a good counselling session to help or nothing. infact sacking the person might even make the person become worse. So offering help might just be the therapy the person needs to do better.

Another problem might be psychological like losing a loved one or having family problem. people like this might become very lazy at work. Helping this group of people should help than laying them off. if they can be properly guided and show them that life goes then they might just be motivated to work again.

so in essence I'm trying to write that if a worker was motivated to work before now but that motivation is no longer there it will good to find out the issue and try to help if it is not sheer laziness from the worker.

arunima25

Verified member
Leadership and team management is a very important skill for any entrepreneur or business owner. You need a very productive, proactive and well motivated team of employees to take the business forward to different heights of success. And a leader is like an engine that runs the whole system. People are more productive and motivated if they feel that they belong to the work environment and are valued. Leadership quality is to assure that the employees feel that. Dealing with human would need a pragmatic knowledge of human psychology. It's very important to connect to them. Team events to build up a good team, employee friendly environment and work schedule, recognising the contributions and awarding them are some ways to build up a great team and keep the members motivated. Also, it is very important to make the employees feel wanted and valued. They should be given platforms from time to time to express their concerns or to give some valuable suggestions. No matter what is the hierarchy and pay structure of the employee, everyone enjoys a personal acknowledgement for his work. Love and validation are great motivational factors. There can be a hierarchical set up but no such discrimination should be visible as such. That makes the environment harmonious. Also, it's always better to share the profit with employees who are the driving force behind that. This keeps them motivated to do their best and generate more profit.

CALVINDOL

VIP Contributor
Truth be told on this matter it is sometimes hard to deal with employees if you are a business employer or the business manager but sometimes it is the fault of the business owner that makes his employees lose their motivation thereby they are not interested in carrying out business tasks and objective in order to achieve business goals and purpose . To improve the motivation of your employees it is advised that you be a grateful and congratulative business owner because in this way your employees will be sure that you have their best interest at heart and also you also happy that you have them in your business organisation . There is absolutely no way an individual possibly a business employee will want to be around a rude , ungrateful , and unthankful business employer .

Another reason why your employees may lose their motivation by being lazy to handle business tax and objective is as a result of their salaries or wages being delayed . You must understand that some of your employees are family hurt or housewives and they need their salary so as to be able to fend for their family material needs and wants and so denying them of their salary is absolutely very bad and unkind and this could make them lose motivation .

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
For me , I don't have that time , if an employee in my business organisation is not working as I expected I'll just tell them the reason and what I think of them. It is their decision to decide if they are to work in the business organisation or not. Why will I be using the time I supposed to organise my business and grow it to be monitoring people who are not able to perform their responsibilities perfectly.

Before I even employ someone into my business organisation I have to tell them what they are to do and the main reason for which they were employee into the business organisation. If they are not able to keep to their daily activities then it is Left for me to decide if they are to still work in the business organisation or not.

If I understand that you are sluggish or you are so unwilling to work or help in the progress of the business I will just tell you to change that's all and if there is no further improvement from you then I have to look for another person I don't really have time. Except I don't pay your salary .