How to get the most from a Blogspot blog

Mika

VIP Contributor
Blogspot is the only free platform where you can use adsense. That’s because blogspot and Adsense both are Google’s products.

Apart from blogging and making money, you can also this free blogging platform to showcase your freelancer portfolio, connect with clients, etc.

The best way to use Blogspot is by connecting your own domain (that you register on domain registrar) with your Blogspot blog. This is called domain mapping and if you map a custom domain with your blogspot blog, you will have a custom address for your site. In other words, your blog will be without the blogspot subdomain. You will have your own address for your website, yet you are not paying for hosting. What you are actually doing is hosting your website with Google.

Last edited:

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I personally have two free blogspot blogs. One thing I like about blogspot blogs is that it's very easy to create and you easily customize almost everything. I have been using it for a long time now and I can say that it's one of the best platforms that offers free blogs. One downside about it is that Google may delete the blog especially when you get monetized.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I got your points dear, I've visited blogspot before. Owned by google, that's why it gained Adsense approval cos Google owns the both. I haven't created a free hosted blog through it before, I've done with WordPress. Wordpress free hosted blog isn't permitted to use AdSense monetization, unless it is on the self hosted plan.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I have no website but I think that is a cute idea that you can promote your business in your website and your own blog can help in the marketing. That is a big help in marketing if your blog has thousands of readers. Whatever you promote may get noticed out of curiosity which is also good for the business.

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you do not want to spend money for a website but still want a blog, you can try blogspot. Blogspot blogs are ranked on google because this is Google’s product. Apart from blogging you can also publish your resume. You can be easily found on Google search if you are using this as your online resume.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Well, I am not a technical person and I did not know you could add a custom domain to your blogspot blog. If this sounds as easy as it seems, I think there will be no need to buy hosting or use free hosting. However, my question is do you actually have full control on your site.