How To Handle Your Employees In A Better Way At Work?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Employees are one of the most important part of any business. It is not possible for any type of business to survive without a proper team of employees and dedicated workers who are willing to work diligently for the betterment of the business. Unfortunately, many employers and managers do not usually understand the importance of employees and they tend to treat employees really badly. Many people often seek jobs, but they usually have no other option but to quite the company when the behavior of the employers become really bad. I cannot even imagine working with a person who has anger issues or treats employees unfairly.

We often discuss how badly employees are treated badly, but we must also focus on how we could handle employees in a workplace in a much better way. I think the first thing an employer must understand that all employees are different and they have different nature. This is why they should be dealt differently. I am NOT saying that each employee should be treated differently, but handling different employees in a different way is the key. Secondly, screaming at employees or behaving badly with them will NEVER solve your problems at all. You must discuss things with employees in a polite way and try to understand the problem.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
In order to be able to make an employee feel secure in his occupational status, the employer must make sure that he treats his employees very well. not fire or discharge an employee just because he does not like him for personal reasons. The motivating factors for employers cannot be absolute nor isolated merely on matters of employment relations but must necessarily take into account social mores, prevailing mores and accepted standards of human conduct.

Duties of an employer to his employees include but not limited to the following:

1.To provide sufficient food, clothing and medical aid to the employees (in some certain job like hotel).

2.To pay the wages of his workmen regularly.

3.The liability of the employer for the wrongs done by his workman is joint and several

3. To secure and preserve opportunities for employment

4. To fix the conditions of service. These duties may be enforced by an action in tort, if failure to perform lead to unemployment and thus pecuniary loss. The common law duty of an employer to staff can be no greater.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
In the duration of my career as an office person, I can say that most of the bad employers are succeeding in business. Take for instance one of my experiences with a very frugal boss. His wife is in charge of the auditing of the supplies. Would you believe that she is questioning the consumption of coffee in the pantry? Coffee with sugar and cream, they are part of the complimentary supplies. When the consumption goes higher than the usual there is always the question. I once replied that I would pay for the extra consumption. The wife of my boss got mad at me. She said that it was wrong to be considerate to the employees.

I had the privilege to be under a good boss and a bad boss. Most of the good boss are very humane and generous to the employees. However, they are not as successful as the bad boss who is very strict and a penny pincher.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
It is truly of great importance that employers and managers know how to treat employees properly. There are so many employees indeed who leave their jobs because of poor treatment from the employers and managers. At the end of the day, a company may loose very skilled labour who will prefer going to places where they are treated better.

Employers and managers should in the first place know how to control themselves. Right from their emotions and even their actions. That way, these do not hinder how they handle the employees. Employers and managers who do not know how to control their emotions and actions are the ones who treat employees so harshly, some to the extend of physical abuse.

The leaders in a workplace should know the skills and abilities of each worker. Therefore, when assigning duties and responsibilities, they give each worker according to their abilities. This makes workers feel valued and they get to practice their skills and abilities fully.

It is also very important for leaders to be friendly to their employees. Treat them in a way that they understand that they are humans too. But that should not make them to be lenient. So leaders should know how to balance between being strict and friendly to the workers.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
As an employer we should always try to see our employees are humans and not expect perfection from them. We should always consider them, and treat them well because they may have access to information that we may not have at our disposal, And such vital information can either uplift or bring down the organization. Hence we should learn to be friendly with our employees that will encourage them to always open up to us about happenings in the organization.

Our employees are the true ambassadors of the organization their relations with the customers and clients goes a long way to describe how the customers will see the business organization. Sometimes we don't get to know how far our employees relate with our clients so we should handle them with care.

I have seen a situation where an uncle working in a secondary school was treated badly by the management and he laid his complaints about how unfairly he had been treated, but the employees decide not to care about his complaints and one Morin he decided to drop his resignation letter and left the school. Barely a week after he left half of the teachers in the school also left and student aswel. The school really suffered a very huge blow for their actions.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
I thin if an employer takes care of his responsibilities towards an employee there'll be a harmonious relationship by the both, responsibilities Iike payment of salaries on time, giving out bonuses and entitled allowances, this I think is the barest minimum an employee can do to maintain a good relationship with his workers.

You should also notice hard working employees and reward them based on the efforts they are putting on, this will motivate them to stay put and put on more efforts.

I think the best approach is to apply te carrot and stick rule, always give your employees the carrot and give them the stick when they cross their limits.

Also as an employer you need to keep in touch with your personality and be able to judge if you're going overboard in punishing employers.

At the end employees are human beings and if they're motivated they'll always go the extra mile and push their productivity.

If the task is daunting for you you can also hire a human resource management to do it for you for a token, which is the way must big companies operate.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
As a business man you must understand that treating your workers well is very good and important but that doesn't mean you should not maintain discipline and sanity in your business. There are some certain things you must put in place because if you put them in place, your employees will be at their best momentum to work for the success of your business. Firstly, it is very important and necessary that you recruit or employee competitive people in your business. Competitive employees will make sure that they work for the success of your business but you as a businessman there are some roles you want to play in order to keep and maintain them to work in that momentum and your business is taken to the next level. As a business manager is always very important that you pay your employees on time. This is very good and important because timely payment of salaries will make your employees happy about your business and work their hearts out in order to make your business successful. Another important thing you must do is to conduct weekly or monthly seminars in order to address your employees and ask them about the issues and decisions in your business. This will help them to feel belonged.

Kendy

Verified member
As a Manager or a business owner who has staff or workers under your watch, you should be able to carry out your duties effectively and in a positive manner which would help the employees to be motivated. Apparently, the way you handle your employees would definitely reflect on the progress of your business. As superiors, we should first of all see the employees as human beings with emotions, we should see and regard them as human resource and assets which is the lifewire and spark behind the success or growth of an organisation or a business venture. You do not expect to get positive results when your employees are dissatisfied and not treated appropriately. One of the factors that cause negligence, tardiness, sabotage and dishonesty from employees is because of the way they are being treated or not taken into priority.

You should handle your employees with care and caution just like you are handling your business. You should also give preference to your employees, where they can add value by giving their own opinions so that they would feel that their impact is felt too. You should always consider the; motivation, expectations and conflict that exist within your employees. When once you are able to motivate and compensate your employees, then you will achieve total worker's productivity which would invariably result to high productivity.

Rachael

Verified member
Management skills is very important for a leader's attribute. When you are able to manage your employees effectively, then you have been able to put in place the needed strategies to improve and maximize productivity. It is the duty of the superior or the employer to place worth and value on his workers. If your workers feel that they are not being appreciated or they feel undervalued based on your presupposition on them, this will lead to negative results or outcome in an organization or business. As an employer of labour, you should not infringe on the rights and privileges of your workers by using the state of the economy to cause more devastation in their lives. When the employees feels they their rewards is not equitable with their level of hard work, they will look for ways to balance the equation, either by reducing the quality of work or by means of cognitive distortion, which they will force their cognition to agree that they deserve what they get as rewards but this cognitive distortion is not always productive because it mostly leads to inferiority complexity amongst the employees, such that they feel worthless and this will dwindle the creative and innovative ways in them.

Tommy1983

I think you just have to be the same at work AND outside of work! Treat everyone with love, care and respect. Also realise that you will be working with people you might not like but you have to all get along with each other.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Having something special to offer in a business organisation you are employed to work with will obviously makes you as an employees to be held perfectly in a business company .

It will be ridiculous to finds out that you don't really have a good part to play or you are not a full expert in you area of concentration , such people may not be held responsible or valued in a business organisation.

That is why it is absolutely necessary that every employees in a business organisation must be perfect in what area they are employed to do as this will really gives an opportunity to be valued in where they are working.

Even if I have to learn a particular skill the most important thing I will always try to do is to try to be an perfect expert in what I am doing because when I am perfect , the possibility of me being valued Will Be higher compared to when I don't really understand what I'm doing. That is what we should always looks forward to achieve .

It is also important that every business managers and owners should try to treat their employees good at all time.

Last edited:

Augusta

VIP Contributor
As I have already started somewhere, employees are no slaves so whoever is in charge should treat them with respect. someone like me can't function or function properly in any job that I'm treated with disdain or being disrespected I will prefer to be jobless.

This is no pride but I don't joke with my mental health. because anything that will disturb it is a big No No for me. so employers need to understand that people personality differs and some people can't stomach somethings and one of it is bad attitudes from employers.

The truth is that one is perfect as such don't always expect perfection all the time from an employees. I'm not saying one shouldn't strive but try to help or motivate the worker if the person isn't performing to your standard. It is better this way than outrightly embarrassing the person when the person is no child.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Some business owners , employers , and managers are mistaken to expect perfection from their employees which is absolutely wrong and inhumane . There is absolutely and obviously no one perfect in the world , even the employer and business owner himself or herself is not perfect so he or she should not expect perfection from his or her employees . This does not mean that the employees should not try their best to be perfect , of course they should try their best so as not to make all necessary errors and mistakes in the process of carrying out an assigned duties or task . a good employee will always ask questions on areas he or she does not understand and must pay attention when his employer his strictly explaining this misunderstand areas .

Another way to handle your employees in a better way , is to provide for them a good working environment and condition . the employees working area must be well furnished putted with proper lighting and essential gadget , the environment itself must be cross ventilated so that air and natural lighting can come in freely , in order to aid the swift and easy handling of business assigned tasks and duties so as to meet up with business expected goals and objectives .