How to induce your promotion in the workplace

Augusta

VIP Contributor
When you can have a space for any form of promotion in your workplace, then you can create an opportunity for that. The thing is that promotion comes with a better employment package which financial rise is part of it. So if you want to take advantage of these better offer you can create the opportunity to get promoted and you need to create one that you can match your set skills to it get into that space.

So how can you achieve this feat

1.Start with identifying a problem that needs a capable hands to handle and let it match with your skills

2.Outline your plans that would help you clinch the role and set your mind to stick to the plans

3.Present the problems and it's solution to the right authority 3hich could be the CEO or the manager.Let them know you can handle the problem effectively.

4.Request for a promotion to that office so that you the author and one that understands the problem better would be able to solve the problem for the company in a productive and profitable way

5.Then wait patiently for the company to take the decision which is likely to be in your favor.

What's your thoughts on this?

Etini

Valued Contributor
One thing I use to scream is that before you ask for a promotion, be sure you have done your due diligence in that organization. So doing, it would give you a basis to ask for a promotion in that organization. Truth is that the bosses know who is deserving of a promotion. And when you have not deserved it and you ask for it, it causes bad blood between you and your boss.

In all organizations I have worked for, I never asked for a promotion. The boss was busy observing people that are working. He promoted me to the point he felt my output can carry. Don't ask for a promotion, you have to earn it. I have seen people that were being promoted without any amount of stress. Just do your work well before going to brace with your boss on the need for a promotion. It works better that way.