How to Surround yourself with motivated people at work

Augusta

VIP Contributor
What every worker should know is that people one surround self with do play a significant role in both their personal and professional success. This is why it is good to Surround one self with motivated people at work

it is true that one is the average of the five people they spend the most time with. so if you surround yourself with inspiring coworkers you would do exceedingly things at work

So how can you work with motivated people.

Work with workers that inspire you to push harder. Get involved only with this kind of people.

Spend your time with co- workers who balance hard work and leisure.These are your. motivation. You wouldn't be losing out both ways.

Work with those that see you as a team. This is the category of people that will motivate you. They believe in team work and that winning is for everybody. So surround uour self with such people.

Add yours

Holicent

VIP Contributor
If you're looking for a way to surround yourself with motivated people, then read on. We'll show you how to do it without even realizing it.

First, you need to find out what drives your coworkers and why they are motivated. It could be their love of their job, or maybe they just like being around others who are passionate about what they do. You can find out by asking them questions like "what gets you excited when you come into work?" or "what makes you want to come in every day?"

The second step is to identify the things that motivate your coworkers and use those as a model for how you want to motivate yourself at work. For example, if someone says "I love going into work every day because I get to see the people who are working so hard," then ask yourself why that would make YOU want to go into work every day.

When these two steps have been taken (find out what motivates others and use that as a model for motivating yourself), now it's time for the third step: decide what kind of person you want around you.

Etini

Valued Contributor
Sometimes no matter how you try, the people around you might not just be motivated. At this point, you have to find a way and motivate yourself without waiting for their motivation. Some people's level of toxicity is totally beyond redemption. So you just motivate yourself, do your bit, and pass.

I am saying this from experience having worked with different sets of people. At the last organization I worked for, the people there were very toxic and bitter. They were envious of my qualifications and thought I am earning higher than them even though they have served in the organization longer than me.

In that kind of environment, it is not necessary to surround yourself with motivated people. You just have to find your motivation and push ahead with your tasks. I understand that motivated people surrounding you has a bearing on your mental health. But when you can't find, please motivate yourself.