Is Adsense the best ad network for small bloggers?

Mika

VIP Contributor
I assume that you are a small blogger. By small blogger, I mean a blogger who does not have large traffic on his blog and earns nothing or earns a nominal amount. If you do not earn or earn a nominal amount, you might soon lose motivation and you might end up shutting down your blog (because you cannot continue to pay for the operational cost from your pockets).

Whether you are a small blogger or a website owner with large traffic, Adsense is the ideal choice for monetization. The best thing about AdSense is that they accept even a small blogger.

Let say you are a small blogger. Can you earn from AdSense?

If you have AdSense approved, you can earn $1-$2 per month from your blog if you get 50-100 daily visits on your blog from reputed sources (search engines, social media). However, Adsense has a high payment threshold of $100 and it will take years to receive your first payment. Adsense accepts small websites but small website owners will find it is very difficult to earn from Adsense and even if they are earning, they will earn so little that it will take years to reach the payment threshold.

Therefore, you will have to focus on ad networks that have low payment thresholds something like $5 or $10. Do some research on low payment threshold ad networks and use those ads on your blog.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
You are right that small bloggers have a difficulty to earn from Adsense. That is the reason why I stopped work on my blogs because I had lost motivation. I used to earn $100 a year but with the slashing of the revenue sharing I have not earned anymore from Adsense. Now I plan to create another blog on my own website that I will monetize with other ad provider.

Mika

VIP Contributor
You are right that small bloggers have a difficulty to earn from Adsense. That is the reason why I stopped work on my blogs because I had lost motivation. I used to earn $100 a year but with the slashing of the revenue sharing I have not earned anymore from Adsense. Now I plan to create another blog on my own website that I will monetize with other ad provider.
I have experimented with a lot of ads such as adsense, infolinks, media.net, adhitz, propeller ads, popads, a-ads and now I have settled with adsense. If you have traffic, you can earn from adsense, but for other ad networks, it is really difficult to earn due to their poor rates. If you have large traffic you can try taboola or revcontent.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I have not experimented with a lot of ads therefore I don't know how if adsense can be termed the best. However, I believe it might be the best ad network because Google is one of the biggest companies offering best services. However, having adsense does not mean you earn very well.