Is attending college a thing of the past?

King bell

VIP Contributor
You may not know this, but some people are questioning if college is actually worth it. The Atlantic has a piece on this with the line: “Is attending college a thing of the past?” The article goes on to describe how many employers are hiring students who graduate from coding boot camps or online schools.

For me, the fact that a college degree has lost its value reveals nothing about whether or not college is worth it. Rather, the pricing of college and the fact that it costs significantly more than it should reveal something entirely different: the tremendous economic power wielded by our colleges.

The Atlantic explains that many graduates are “a little behind” in finding their first job after college. The article then goes on to mention the phenomenon of colleges having “more applicants than ever, with fewer spots available.”

That admission process is a real mystery, isn’t it? The more people who want to go to college, the less likely a person is to be accepted. And oddly enough, the people who suffer most from this admissions policy are students who could afford to go to college if they were accepted. As far as I can tell, our colleges are punishing students for having more money than others!

E

eldavis

Has college degree actually lost it's value? Personally I fell to some point it has lost it's value but in reality there are certain places or things you might not be able to do without a degree. Some persons usually argue about how so many people without degrees are currently making it big with one hand skills or the other, or how they are succeeding with one form of business or the other, but there are certain places where does with a college degree can reach that does without cannot. In other words, does without a degree are limited to a specific circle.