is cooked foods business really profitable?

Ferozas

Yes it is, as long as you bring a differentiated product or a product with a good price

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Now a days, I see so many food joints in my area and even out side my area, this makes me to start thinking about this kind of business.

Though, I don't really know if selling of cooked foods is profitable or not. But what I do know is that many people are going into it right now. Just today, I saw a lady that just started fast food in my area.

Looking that the cost of food stuffs in the markets, I don't think it is advisable for people to be buying food out side because cooked foods will be expensive right now.

As for me, I don't like going to buy food out side my house, I cook what I eat. I seldom go to eateries because I believe it will be too expensive and I will not be satisfied.
My only concern for now is about people that are doing this business, are they really making profits from it because I believe it is better to cook your food in your home than to buy outside.
What is your take on this?
In my country, Nigeria, these people were really making it that time. This is because many people prefer patronizing cooked food to cooking food. The reason is that most of them either don't know how to cook, don't have time to cook or realize that the cost of cooking is more than the cost of buying it outside. On a lighter mood, you may not like to eat outside because you are married.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
The profitability of this business depends on the location. If the business is located around school or let say parks, there will be high demand for it because single men are the main target of this kind of business. But if the business is situated in an estate or a close, there may not be too much gain in. Personally, I don't like eating outside.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When the lockdown was declared last year most of those who lost their jobs went to selling cooked food. The idea is to cook dishes and sell to the neighbors. Until now they are selling cooked food for meals and snacks. Obviously they are earning a good profit because they will not continue selling if it is not lucrative at all.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
It's a very profitable business when you have a better location. Considering the fact that it's a perishable product, you will have to do much at the planning stage. Majorly, get a good location where you can sell all your food in a day and do not cook too much food for a start. It's a very good and lucrative business

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Of course cooked food business is a very lucrative business period there is a friend of mine that ventured into this kind of business about last year and he made reasonable amount of money on daily basis. All you need to do is to go to the right location and of course you are probably on your way to making it.
Locations really matters too , because there are some place that if the person opens a food joint the customer patronage might be be very low at the end most especially in a very competitive areas , so location is one of the determinant and factors if you want to suceed more in the business of food and others , there are people who start the business and are making a lot of money from it while some hardly earns

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Of course cooked food business is a very lucrative business period there is a friend of mine that ventured into this kind of business about last year and he made reasonable amount of money on daily basis. All you need to do is to go to the right location and of course you are probably on your way to making it.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Its profitable considering the fact that lot of people are earning money from the business ,in my street alone there aare different stores like that that are making more money from such store ,like they usually sell different Foods and items and they make more money as usual as student usually patronise them to buy from them i think