Is it advisable to discuss business and work issues at home

Carpon

Valued Contributor
There has been a debate recently on whether one should feel free to discuss the issues from work place at home with either family, friends or close acquaintances. This is actually a very important discussion and I think people have varying views on the above subject matter.

I will share my views and thoughts about this and I would love to hear and read your own contributions and opinions about it.

Actually, this is something that is double sided: meaning doing it has its advantageous sides and it's disadvantages likewise.

The advantage is that you may at times discuss some issues and get very good and beneficial advise from people which when used properly will be of great help to one's work. It helps you to get relevant ideas.

The disadvantage is that sometimes, you could intentionally or unintentionally share confidential information to outsiders which can be used against your organization or work. You may have very confidential information which when you offer to people, it could rebound on you.

On a general note, avoiding it may be the ultimate solution but if it is necessary, it must also be done carefully.