Is it good to tell people how much you earn?

Ajebo25

Verified member
One of the things which I was taught was "never let people know your earnings" I was just thinking now and I realised why people always said that when you are making money whether offline or offline there are many people who might be envy of you and their goal might just be easier to rip you off your money or to pull you down from your success simply because you showed them your earnings especially if you know that that person doesn't earn as much as you then you don't need to show them anything instead keep your earnings a secret to yourself alone and when you are asked how much you are just tell them the amount which is lower to their earnings don't mind if they laugh at you.

I once had a friend who hacked into my cash app account simply because I had over $200 and then this really hurt me but when I started to complain to people I was blamed for showing him the amount which was in my cashapp balance due to the fact that I knew he wasn't as financially balanced as I was this really taught me a lesson and you should learn too.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Sometimes I do tell my trusted friends how much I earn but I just come to find out that this may not likely be the best thing . Everything about you should be kept as private as possible because you don't even know who is truly your friends as the world has become so bad to a point that even your best friend can never be trusted.

I have heard so many stories of how friends have betrayed their friends and how brothers has also betrayed their own brothers . Because of this I do not consider it to be a nice way for you to reveal yourself so much to people . you just have to maintain the low-key and if there is a way you can help other people try as much as possible to help and do not expose yourself much by trying to tell them how much you make on monthly basis as it can lead to jealousy and other evil thought.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
That is a good lesson you learnt and thank you for sharing that with us. There are some people whom you cannot tell about your earnings for sure. You risk being stolen from or they could always borrow money from you without ever returning it.

Another risk you get from sharing your earnings with bad people is that they could rip you of any future opportunities. Due to their jealousy towards your finances, they might try to sabotage your success in other areas. Maybe by never telling you about new opportunities or by speaking ill of you among people who could patronize you.

So you got to be really specific about who you share your finances with. Or you could keep a secret all together. After all, you don't owe anyone an explanation about how much money you make or how. You could teach them how to make money, but you don't have to be specific about how much you make.

E

eldavis

Though there are persons who might see notting wrong with this, but personally I feel it is better not to let people know how much you earn simply for security reasons. When people starts knowing how much you earn, it draws attention to you and in most cases it is usually the wrong attention. Does looking to extort money form you would be at the rise, does who want to steal from you as well would also increase.