KDP Vs. FBA: Selling Books Vs. Selling Products

Jasmine

VIP Contributor

KDP (Kindle Direct Publishing) is a free book publishing platform on Amazon. You can publish ebooks as well as print books and earn royalties when people buy your books. This is a good platform for writers, however, even if you don’t write, you can hire writers. You might have to run ads to generate sales.

FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) is a subscription based seller program from Amazon. Unlike KDP, FBA involves spending money on product development, packaging, and shipping to Amazon, as well as paying monthly fees to Amazon. FBA requires a significant investment and effort. After sending products to Amazon, you still need to promote them to generate sales.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Embarking on the journey of self-publishing has been a rewarding venture for me. Through Amazon KDP, I've released a collection of books that yield monthly royalties. However, selling on KDP has always been a challenge for me. Generating sales consistently is a great challenge. I have no experience with FBA because the program is not available in my location. This is a subscription based program (you need to pay monthly fees) so you must be really to make some serious investment if you want to get into this venture.