Learning a skill to be productive upon retirement

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Some people I know have a stock of skills before they retired. One friend had attended so many workshop. She was actually my classmate in one writing workshop that I attended many years ago. But my friend also learned making candle, soap and crocheting. I was teasing her that her brain might have been full of skills already.
But when she retired I learned that she was teaching in seminars and workshop of her skills in cottage industry. In fact, she was the instructor when I enrolled in a soap-making workshop. Unfortunately I was not able to attend due to some pressing matters.

With that actual example it is a good idea to learn a skill that you would enjoy. The younger generation are into culinary so I think you have to avoid that with the too many competition already. What’s in vogue now is making movies. Maybe you can study the camera, directing and video editing for a productive workshop.

Jack Reacher

Verified member
There is no alternative to learning. Trading requires specific knowledge and skills. Without enough skills, it is not possible to survive in the market. Experience comes when we gather knowledge and apply the knowledge. For trading we also need a good broker like Eurotrader. It's a regulated and licensed broker with a wide range of services. For example, they have five types of accounts including swap free

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Absolutely, it is a good thing or.idea to follow. For me I can't be idle for a long time I will never be myself so instead I will engage in a thing no matter how small it is. So learning a skill while in active service is good. Apart from the money you will make. You can get your self busy

Good luck

Verified member
It is coming to a time that government will not pay pension any more for pensioners or retirees due to economy instability.We all need to have learn a skill or know how to do a particular something that can be as a backup later in future.A vocational training will be of good help to know what skills one needs to learn.

A K Rao

I do have many things as my hobby which I have started when I was a student. I know few arts like I can play few musical instruments and I am a Ventriloquist also. I can play my instruments on the stage in some small groups or I can take the classes for the interested students. I also can give the show of the Ventriloquism which is a hot cake anytime in the entertainment World. So I need not learn anything new now to pass my time and earn some money.