Shares/Stock Never expect quick profit when you invest in stocks

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Perhaps you have already read about the stocks that I received last November. The price at that time was 128 pesos per share. In December when the price fell to 120 that gave me the courage to buy more stocks. When I consulted a friend who is into stocks, she said that 120 per share is not really that low and I should wait until the price dips to 100. Later on the price went up again. Today the price is 127 which is ordinary. Another advice that the friend said is I can sell when the price would be more than 140 per share. Oh, that may be a long time, I thought.

This is my realization that investing in stocks is not for a quick profit. Instead of putting my money in the bank to earn very little interest then it is better to buy stocks. Even when the price does not go up to a good level my stocks can give me the annual dividend. I actually received a dividend last December which, I think, is much higher than the interest that my money can earn in a bank deposit. Now my vision for my stocks is to let it stay for at least a year before I think of selling (can be entire stocks or even partial only).

Jasz

VIP Contributor
You should never expect to make a quick profit when you invest in stocks.

Stocks are inherently a long-term investment. They require patience and steady commitment in order to see a return on your investment.

Investing in stocks is a long-term game.

While the stock market may be volatile, over time it has been proven to provide returns above other types of investments.

If you are looking for quick profit, it may be best to avoid investing in the stock market altogether.
You should only buy stocks if you're willing to wait at least several years (at least 5 years, generally) before you sell them.

If you think you'll need the money before that time, then don't invest it in stocks. Instead, use it for a short-term investment strategy like trading or crypto currency system. If that doesn't work for you as espected, then don't invest at all—save the money instead.

While some might get lucky and make a quick profit when investing in stocks, the majority of people will have much better luck with long-term investments that take more time to pay off but are guaranteed if done properly.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Well, I have never considered stock market or cryptocurrency market as a quick rich scheme. I am sure that many people usually make the mistake of purchasing stocks or cryptocurrencies without analyze the conditions of the market and such kind of investors usually end up suffering from loss. This is why I believe that it is very important to gain experience related to stock trading and only then start buying the shares. Both stock market and cryptocurrency markets are risky and I think the best way to make profits is to buy the dip. When the pandemic began, the prices of stocks began to fell. At that time people were avoiding stock markets because it was not the best time to invest.

However, some of those companies managed to recover and the investors bought the dip and made profits. The same is the case with the digital coins market. Whenever, the Bitcoin falls, the investors buy it. I am also following the same kind of strategy. I am not going to invest in the stock market, but when it comes to cryptocurrency market, this is the strategy I am going to apply. I know of a few people who bough shares and suffered when the price went down badly.