Reasons Why I Don't Use PayPal Anymore

Abigael

Valued Contributor
PayPal is a good payment processor. It was the first one that I used when I started working online. However, I soon lost interest in it. This is after using it for almost one year without a problem. Nowadays, I don't use it to receive my online payments due to the following reasons;

1. My account got permanently limited.
My first account with them was unverified, though I used it for a long time. I wish I had verified it to avoid the problems. I also made a mistake of investing in a certain ponzi scheme through it, only to learn that PayPal does not allow that.
My attempt to create other accounts all failed.

Lesson learnt: always read a site's rules and requirements first before using it.

2. They have high transaction fees.

PayPal imposes really high transaction fees for sending and receiving money. So even if my account was never limited, I would eventually stop using it for this reason. Especially after learning about crypto payments and their zero transaction fee.

3. Their rules are really strict.

I don't know if this strict rules only apply to lower tier countries or all countries. PayPal gets so suspicious when you start receiving high amounts of money through them. They often freeze your income when they suspect it. Eventually, they permanently limit your account and you can never create an account with them again.

Have you experienced such things with PayPal? If so, share your story. Is there a way to overcome them?