Sports betting; Has it done more harm than good?

Peppul

Betting has done more harm than good, and the funniest thing about it is the addiction that comes with it, most youths in my country now engage themselves in gambling every single day because of unemployment. Instead of people to create businesses that can enable youths to work you see them opening up betting stores and you see youths wasting their little money they hustle for in gambling. Gambling has wrecked a lot of homes, put people into debts and so many other things. And once you are hooked you find it difficult to leave it, you continuously gambling believing that you will hit jackpot at the end of the day but you end up loosing all year round. So gambling is bad and not profitable on a long run. It ruins one's life and makes one miserable, broke and regretful.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
I was chatting with an older friend who I know to always be involved in football betting, I tried to inquire to know how much he has made from this betting that he always involves himself with. I was shocked when he told me he has not earned up to $10 despite being in the game for years. What does this now mean? He has been losing money always, but has never thought of quitting simply because he is hopeful that one day he will cash out big the way others did in the past.

Betting is wrecking more lives but it seems people ain't willing to learn their lessons.

D

Deleted member 27583

A large percentage of youths engage in sports betting, even adults too. Everybody hopes to make money on it and if they lose they still try again hoping that one day they can win something. But in the end they experience a long run of disappointment. It might be true that some people have actually made it through betting but then there are two type of bettors, we have the top 5% and the bottom 95%. So the 5% are the ones that are actually making it in sports person by luck why the 95% lose their money to the top 5% and the bookmakers. I know a lot of people that have their life has been wrecked through betting but I've never heard of a bookmaker go out of business. Betting is delusional, the earlier we realise that the better. Save your hard-earned money and invest it in something worthwhile.
I will use mine as a case study, I learn sort betting through a friend in 2016, five years ago I guess ,just imagine someone that doesn't what football match and want to place better on it is funny right lol..
Thats the kind of person I am,I don't watch football but I also want to win from them ,so to cut the story short my friend explained to me how to place better on each team,and I felt so happy because to me it look and sound so simple like once I place better on a big team it is very sure for me to win.. So my first bet was my last saving so I want to double it,would I pace very just 2odds,you won't believe I nearly die when they lose to the junior team that I believe they should win... So since then I promise my self not to try it again..

Joseph555

Sport betting is a blessing in disguise to our generation, people have lost so much money to other scamming money doubling sites like MMM, ISNME, MY BONUS, INKSNATION and many more, therefore betting company has done more better than the scamming companies mentioned above, sport betting company are real and they do not promise what they can't offer. Nevertheless, if you can know how to stake and win I advise you to continue but if you don't I believe you should quit.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I would not be quick to judge people. I only judge if I know whu the person involves in it. I have seen someone thay gambles responsibly. If he wins, he only replays a game with 5% of his winning returns. The man has achieved tremendously with this method. How do you want me to say it is irresponsible of him for involving in such an act. I can only conclude that if a person plays recklessly, then it will do more harm than good.

Kennysplash

Verified member
Yeah I concur on this one you said,you really made a valid point in here .... But life its self is a bet you know is either you win or loose so you got to keep trying till you make it as well....like the saying winners don't quite but losers do ...
So what is your message? Even if a man is losing all his hard earned money he should continue gambling? This is not a good way of life, do you know the meaning of compulsive gambling? This is gambling without restraint and discipline, you keep on losing and you keep on with it. Don't compare life to a bet, life plays out based on the decisions you make. Gambling is based on the decisions of others. Whatever result they play determines if you win or lose, and that is why many people lose. You are putting your hope in mere man, we all know how it later plays out. Gambling has done and is continuing to do more harm than good.

D

Deleted member 27583

A large percentage of youths engage in sports betting, even adults too. Everybody hopes to make money on it and if they lose they still try again hoping that one day they can win something. But in the end they experience a long run of disappointment. It might be true that some people have actually made it through betting but then there are two type of bettors, we have the top 5% and the bottom 95%. So the 5% are the ones that are actually making it in sports person by luck why the 95% lose their money to the top 5% and the bookmakers. I know a lot of people that have their life has been wrecked through betting but I've never heard of a bookmaker go out of business. Betting is delusional, the earlier we realise that the better. Save your hard-earned money and invest it in something worthwhile.
Yeah I concur on this one you said,you really made a valid point in here .... But life its self is a bet you know is either you win or loose so you got to keep trying till you make it as well....like the saying winners don't quite but losers do ...

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Sport betting only works well for the people who are running the business. Those who bet involve themselves in high risks that may see them loose all their hard earned money. There are people who I know that have ruined their lives by gambling away all their money through sports betting. It can be so addictive and the person engaging in it can do it compulsively even with money meant for other important stuff. People need to be made aware of all these demerits so they can consider stopping.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Sports betting has done more bad than good. I personally people who have made it big through the sports betting and I also know people whose lives have been destroyed, wretched because of sports betting. Without being bias in my judgement, betting is not for greedy and undisciplined folks. I would never advice anyone to venture into it because it's highly addictive. Betting itself is delusional and can't enrich the vast majority of people who engage in it. So yes, betting is harmful and have rendered many people useless.

Jonaville

The most common mistake that many people make concerning betting is that as a get-rich-quick scheme. Sadly, these people have been so addicted to Sports Betting that it can be very hard to try to convince them to quit. And like you have pointed out ,they have lost a lot of money or resources on betting but they can't stop because they hope that one day they will win. This kind of mentality has plunged many into abject poverty and it has robbed them of their hard-earned money. The moment we see Sports Betting for what it really is -a poverty inducing program- the earlier we will be able to avoid it.

Donkiz

I have heard people argue that betting is the same with forex and cryptocurrency trading, according to the argument they are saying that both betting and forex an cryptocurrency trading are high risk ventures and goes with guess work and element of luck.

The fact is that betting is simply gambling and not something someone that has plans for his/her life should indulge in as the person will only end up wasting the little money available in a wide goose chase that doesn't yield anything good.

Sammyesx

Well to me it has done more harm, it gives people the impression that they can make money from it, at the end they end up losing the little they have. Some has even lost their life saving due to sport betting. Less than 15% of people are the ones making money from sport betting and of resent football has become so unpredictable.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Sport betting is gambling and sometimes it is considered to be worst than gambling . Majority of individuals who own and control huge commercial Enterprises and organisations today and also considered to have a habit of investing their personal income and business income on various sports betting platforms and websites in the internet are sure to be ready to be doomed because sports betting has shut down and closed down a lot of businesses today making them go bankrupt as a result of losing their business funds . It is hard to make money through sport betting and the untold truth about sport betting is that do you have the high potential to lose and the low potential to win , and most prominent and usual cases you will always lose because it is very hard to predict which team will lose and which team will win when it comes to sports .

Individuals have gone broke and bankrupt in themselves as a result of investing their hard earned money on various sports betting website and platforms . personally I do not consider sports betting as an investment and I do not think I will consider it as an investment because it is basically 50/50 and pure gambling .

Shigobad2020

My own opinion concerning sport betting is that it has done more harm than good throughout the world because only people that are winning are not more than 20% and the gambler winning are smart stakers.

I have seen many people getting addicted because they were lucky in winning their first stake and they think that's how the game will be favouring them , and in the long run they keep loosing everything to the point that they started selling their properties in order to have money to gamble , their main thinking is that if they win once , they will recover everything they have lost .
But in my own thinking , betting is an entertainment for me and i play with the little amount I can do without like money for my airtime recharge and i only play once in a week with little amount of money online.

I have won more than I have lost and i can't advise people to go into gambling .