The 5 Emotional stages of retirement to prepare for self

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Just like any stage of life that comes with its phase and emotions. So is applicable when it comes to retirement.The period comes with mixed feelings which you need to prepare yourself for as a retiree.

So here are the five stages you are expected to prepare for.

The Realisation stage: This is when it dawn on you that your retirement has arrives and you're ready to deal with all that will come with it after.

Honeymoon stage:
This is the next stage, you are enjoying it just like anything we do, at first it look very sweet and we are not bothered

Disenchantment stage
This is when we are snap back to reality that we have retired as one will be out of working actively and mixed feelings set in

Reorientation stage

This is when our emotions need to be put in check and tell ourselves life must go on. There's no big deal about retirement.
Stability stage
This is the stage where one makes the best out of one's emotions. You take hold of your emotions to maintain a positive outlook.

Yusra3

Banned
The 5 Emotional stages of retirement to prepare for self.

1. The denial stage: When you're in your 20s, 30s, 40s and 50s, it's easy to convince yourself that you'll never have to retire completely. You can still work just a few hours a week or take on a freelancer job here and there. And when you do actually stop working? Well... maybe it won't be as hard as you think.

2. Anger: You get angry at people who are retired. people who have made the choice to leave the workforce permanently (and often stay home full-time). But then you get angry at yourself for not making the same choice. It's confusing!

3. Bargaining: Maybe if I just make more money than this guy or that girl, I'll be able to retire right away! That way I won't be stuck with nothing but cable TV in my old age. Or maybe if I could just fix this one problem with my house before I retire...

4. Depression: You realize how much time and energy it takes to run a business or work on something creative every single day... How many days did I waste in office meetings where nobody really listened to what I had to say anyway?